PDA

View Full Version : For those who want to pay...

nopoal
19th Mar 2007, 18:36
Hi all!!!

Have a look in the Storm Aviation website or in aviationjobsearch and you will find two offers. One for those who want to pay the A320 TR and the line training (30.000 pounds) :eek: and another for those who had already the TR but zero hours and want to build some time in India (12.000 pounds):eek: .

I heard that Atlas Jet in Turkey was running a similar program.

First action: call your bank :(

Regards,

flaps 15% :cool:

Matrix737
20th Mar 2007, 08:42
I think Sigmar Aviation are doing something similar but more comprehensive

heebeegb
20th Mar 2007, 09:02
You really must be from the moon.

slow&low
20th Mar 2007, 10:21
well... before they were only looking for pilots with experience on type,
then they started looking for pilots willing to pay ££££££££££ for TR to get a few hrs line training... now they are saying they will also accept pilots WITH already a TR if they pay them ££££ for 300 hrs... it sounds like soon , if they can't get enough pilots, they'll lower it again...

I can imagine places like that(recruitment agencies) HAVE ALL THE INTEREST in keeping an airline as their customer...so if they can't get enough pilots they might "loose their contract" in some way... so when they don't find enough pilots they are forced to lower the £££ or hrs requirements.

What should we pilots do?

Just wait a little and hang on to our ££££ for a little longer...
If they find no-one ..then the £12.000 might become 10, then 8 , then 6 ...
just a thought...

theWings
20th Mar 2007, 14:50
No, heebie, these look like they're from much further away. Mars, maybe?

Walter D. Ned
20th Mar 2007, 17:49
Good evening all, just a quick note to add to what has been written here on the subject of paying for a rating. From one who was "obliged" to pay for a rating might I respectfully suggest that you cast an eye over the piece I wrote for inclusion in Terms and Endearment on an outfit now calling themselves Globespan but who used to be called Cougar, it may give you an insight as to what can happen not only to your hopes and desires but also to your bank balance and flying career!!

Very best of luck to all seeking an aviation career but please please make your move carefully - remember if it looks to good to be true make sure that your not looking at it through rose tinted specs!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Wlater D. Ned.

CamelhAir
20th Mar 2007, 17:57
Lads,
I have a stack of shiny new €1 coins for sale. Only €10 each. PM me now to secure this great one off deal!

Red Raven
20th Mar 2007, 18:10
Paying for the hours is pure exploitation. But what if there seems to be no other option?

What if you have the TR, have 1 hour on type, but there is an opportunity for FO's with 200-300 hours on type that you like to pursue? Paying for a couple hundred hours could give you a jumpstart.

I was talking to a TRTO airline who offers 100 hours for €10K. I am considering it. €100/hour doesn't sound too bad I think... could be worse.

What are your thoughts? Up to how much per hour would you be willing to pay for experience that could get you a flying job?

SinBin
21st Mar 2007, 11:20
I'm looking through rose tinted specs at the moment at one airline, which pays me for a TR and flying too!! Sounds too good to be true, but I think it is true, hopefully it'll work out nicely.