PDA

View Full Version : Lyneham and Rudeness

Francis Frogbound
19th Mar 2007, 15:04
On Thursday 15th of March I was, like most of us running around the country in the pursuit of happiness for a lot of drunk people at Cheltenham races. At approx 11:20 that morning I heard an exchange between the pilot of an R22 and Lyneham. If the pilot of that R22 reads this post I would like him to know that in twenty years I have never heard such rudeness towards a controller. The pilot's attitude was surly and very unco-operative towards a controller who was working hard with a high level of Cheltenham traffic. You may sir, have been just outside his zone, but there was no need whatever for your behaviour. The controller kept his sense of humour and his manners, you obviously have none of either. With your smart alec responses and lack of grace you deserved an earful or even better a punch in the mouth. If you can't be polite, and lack the airmanship to know that when a controller asks for information he is asking due to safety grounds then please stay on the ground.

verticalhold
19th Mar 2007, 15:09
I had the misfortune to hear the exchanges described by FF. The R22 pilot came across as described in the above post. I was so angry that I am now trying to track the aircaft down so that if I ever come across the pilot I can personally give him a piece of whatever mind I have left.

If He reads this he is a total W:mad:

Adrian Adams
19th Mar 2007, 15:15
Name and shame!!

Come on, what was the Callsign?

We don't need idiots like this to get away lightly!

verticalhold
19th Mar 2007, 15:18
Just been through the G-INFO database. Whoever registered it obviously has an ego the size of a mountain. Lets face it who registers their aircraft after a deity?:E

Head Turner
19th Mar 2007, 15:28
Well who was it????

Heliplane
19th Mar 2007, 15:30
.......and give a flavour of what they said

Francis Frogbound
19th Mar 2007, 15:34
Sadly Mr Turner I don't know, but I do know where VH is coming from in his post about G-INFO. I can only see one Golf-Oscar Delta in the list. It is shown as chartered so anyone could have been flying it. Hopefully the owner may see this thread and decide to have words. Sadly sometimes the behaviour of one pilot in an aircraft can cause problems for everyone else who flies it.

Heliplane
19th Mar 2007, 15:47
Is this it?
http://www.caa.co.uk/applicationmodules/ginfo/ginfo_photo.aspx?regmark=G-DGOD&imgname=G-DGOD001&imgtype=jpg

whowhenwhy
20th Mar 2007, 19:41
Now where was the phone number that I used to have for the investigations guys down at SRG.............:E

B Sousa
20th Mar 2007, 19:46
"The R22 pilot "

pretty much describes the problem.......

Lioncopter
20th Mar 2007, 20:57
""The R22 pilot "

pretty much describes the problem......."

Please dont paint us all with the same brush...

scooter boy
20th Mar 2007, 21:44
Can you please let us know what was said?
Brize Norton worked me on Thursday between Cheltenham and London and didn't hear the Lyneham exchange but would be interested.
SB

GBALU53
20th Mar 2007, 21:59
As the old saying goes it only takes one to screw it for the rest.

I hope it does come out as own up and be ashamed as Air Traffic need to do there job Civel or Military if they are asked in the correct way they will help
need I say more there are the people who have done it and there are still the ones out there will do it but they are the ones that don,t read information passed on by others.

IntheTin
20th Mar 2007, 23:45
""The R22 pilot "
pretty much describes the problem......."

Bit tough on us Robbie pilots there Bert. We can't all jump into a Sikorsky or Bell. Have to start somewhere, and the point of this particular thread is communications isn't it not the product being flown!! :hmm:

nigelh
21st Mar 2007, 16:23
Why bother talk to atc at all if outside their zone ? especially in a R22 ........i dont think you would even hear the thud thru the skin of a proper helicopter..

22clipper
21st Mar 2007, 21:59
Oh I don't know about that Nige, saw a post on here the other week where an R22 sawed the skids of a much bigger helo in a midflight encounter. So watch out squire or one might cut you off at the knees!

nigelh
22nd Mar 2007, 15:57
However with all the delaminating those blades are doing you are more likely to hooked up on all the bits hanging off!!:uhoh:

Ioan
22nd Mar 2007, 17:25
minor design feature which allows robbo pilots (once again) to demonstrate their superior skill and nerve :}

paco
23rd Mar 2007, 00:16
"Why bother talk to atc at all if outside their zone?"

Because it's good airmanship to be in contact with somebody, even if you're only listening. There's not much else around there!

Phil

Hedski
23rd Mar 2007, 09:38
I shall never forget my PPL instructor telling me I could turn my transponder to standby, turn the radio down and not bother talking to anyone when flying outside controlled airspace going cross country. Little did I know in my newbie inxperienced days what idiocy this actually was.
And to think he later became an examiner...........:eek:
Surprised he's still alive with practises like that, the skies are ever busier!

Turn on, tune in, and talk people!!!:ok: