PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Airways " A Close Shavw

Jason King
17th Mar 2007, 08:12
Cathay Pacific Airways Male Check-in staff are being ordered to shave if they have a 5'oclock shadow a majority of these guys are of Asian origins and they are heavy bearded by biological reasons these guys cannot help it if their facial hair grows at a rate of knots. Or have cathay management read the new staff hand book rules for Hong Kong Disney land staff "No Facial Hair":}

parabellum
17th Mar 2007, 10:39
Any particular station in mind Jason King? My considerable years working for an Asian airline led me to believe that they have very light beard growth and often don't have to shave for days at a time. When a Chinaman decides to grow a beard it is often very, very thin and whispy.

Hope this isn't some sort of silly wind up?

PAXboy
17th Mar 2007, 12:09
The continent of Asia is rather large and the typical disposition of hair for males varies considerably. My Uncle, an Englishman, had a five o'clock shadow by three o'clock and I do not have one until gone midnight. Whilst it is possible that any modern management may have made a generalisation, I think that you should check your facts and quote sources.

Jason King
21st Mar 2007, 16:46
No its not a wind up the staion is LHR and us guys are all Asians from Pakistan and we have heavy growths we shave in the morning and by miday we need another shave, whereas most chinese have light growths and the English also lighter growths than us with a faier complexion

Left Wing
23rd Mar 2007, 02:48
does that mean pilots have to shave during a long haul ???:ugh: :ugh: typical honkie mind set...

Freehills
25th Mar 2007, 02:24
Well, if by mid-day you need another shave, then shave. Just bring a razor to work. If this is too much hassle, then grow a neat beard.

sizematters
25th Mar 2007, 05:25
this is definately a wind up....................I certainly know for a fact that there are no Joe Daki's working as cabin staff based at LHR

nice try !!!

404 Titan
25th Mar 2007, 08:02
sizematters

It isn't in reference to "Cabin Staff". It is in reference to "Check-in staff".

HotDog
25th Mar 2007, 09:14
Jason King, you should have qualified your asian background before going to print. I have in fact, never encountered any check in staff with a five o'clock shadow in my very long association with Cathay staff. Maybe because I only looked at the females?:E

sizematters
25th Mar 2007, 13:04
RTFQ = 1/2 TBA

OK ................but I think the female check in staff should shave ................they look so much better without the hairy chins..............rub those red spots off the forehead too.............OK ???