PDA

View Full Version : North American Cargo Basings

EEEdog
17th Mar 2007, 00:55
I'm going to be starting later this year as a DEFO on the CX Freighter in North America. I put LAX as my number one choice for bases. Does anyone know how difficult that will be? Are most initials getting JFK, ORD, LAX or ANC? Thanks in advance for any info......
Cheers,
EEEDog

nairda68
17th Mar 2007, 02:07
congrats EEEdog,...don't sweat it too much, first 4-6 months will be in Hk anyway,afterwards if you do not get what you whish ,you can apply for it after finishing training...and as of right now there is some shuffling around so you may have to wait just a little if at all!..good luck to you!

Along4TheRide
17th Mar 2007, 15:42
To my understanding, they try to get you your first choice. I was told a few months ago from the gals in HR that ORD is not offered to new hires.

Good Luck

cxpilot
17th Mar 2007, 16:44
To hold ORD it takes about 2-3 years seniority. Very few pilots are based in ORD due to large number of pilots having it as preferred port. New joiners usually get LAX or NYC unless you want ANC. Good luck

rjmore
17th Mar 2007, 18:42
How about Dallas, I know I can't get it as a new joiner but is it about the same as ORD?

CAN-NOT!!
17th Mar 2007, 23:06
When will Cathay open MEXB? (Mexican Basing). Aren't you all flying to Mexico City in the near future?

Cathay Pacific is very elusive with the IRS, I wonder if they know. A Chinese company owns a company called "USAB" that is actually located in Canada and it supplies pilots to the parent company. :sad: :sad: Pilots with all kinds of different nationalities are flying out of the U.S. while working for a Canadian company and fly aircraft registered to PR of China...All the while they are paid in Hong Kong dollars deposited to an overseas HSBC account.....HUH??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is that confusing enough? The whole thing sounds VERY ILLEGAL!!

The Mafia lives on the 9th floor, 8 Scenic Road, Lantau Island.

cpdude
18th Mar 2007, 03:05
Did CAN-NOT mention the Arizona ocean-front property he is selling as well?:}

CAN-NOT!!
18th Mar 2007, 03:39
Did CAN-NOT mention the Arizona ocean-front property he is selling as well?

why? did you want to buy some?

Go give your buddy ACMS a call and do a Vol2Part2 study group session.

SNS3Guppy
18th Mar 2007, 03:55
Cannot,

Do you somehow feel you're contributing to anything with these posts? What you do is make noise, which does little more than waste bandwidth.

Rhick Noades
18th Mar 2007, 08:35
OK Guplet sa your post contributed to ??????
See you on the ninth floor when you have an answer.

CAN NOT is of the same ilk as me my friend. He has added an extra exclamation mark to return to the forums. Others have done similar things too...........Not mentioning any names.

Welcome bak CAN NOT

CAN-NOT!!
18th Mar 2007, 13:39
Do you somehow feel you're contributing to anything with these posts? What you do is make noise, which does little more than waste bandwidth.

Feelin' a bit uneasy with what's said here aren't we? Don't shoot the messenger. All are just my little "trip report" from the time in CX. You should thank me for this info. But that's OKAY, I'm not that petty. I know being unemployed sucks but that doesn't make CX a "good" place.

Seeing the wannabes and the hard-core CX types get all riled up is just a form of cheap entertainment.

SNS3Guppy
18th Mar 2007, 15:59
Well mate, I'm not unemployed, and I'm not riled up. The fact is I'll take whatever course I take regardless of what you have to say. You're more like the dirt on a window...we're all thinking adults here, professionals even...we can see for yourselves.

You and others seem to take it upon yourself to dirty the window...apparently don't feel we can see for ourselves.

I hear a lot of whining about how tough it is...climb into your climate controlled cockpit in your clean uniform and fly that challenging point to point flying...tough life. Perhaps those who work for CX have a right to complain. I don't work there, so I certainly won't be complaining. Then again, neither do you.

Truth is, only a handful of individuals come here to vomit on the group discussions, and for one who already pulled the ejection handle, you seem keenly interested in revisiting the wreckage of your career there just a little too much. You had your day, you did your time, you made your choice, you're gone. Why don't you give it a rest?

CAN-NOT!!
18th Mar 2007, 20:37
The fact is I'll take whatever course I take regardless of what you have to say

You sure didn't seem that way when you bombarded me with questions about CX through private messages..

good luck with the plunge.

Why don't you give it a rest?

Because Cathay Pacific has ruined so many lives in aviation and they don't deserve having us quiet.

There is a website under-contruction by 5 former Cathay Pilots just to present the truth about this company. So giving it a rest? Not anytime soon, infact look for it to get even louder.

SNS3Guppy
18th Mar 2007, 20:54
You sure didn't seem that way when you bombarded me with questions about CX through private messages..

Which way was that...someone who is interested in learning about the company? I've got a booklet here with five hundred pages of notes so far, about the company, the interview, everything I can put together, and yes, I'm certainly interested in all sides.
Your posts aren't about a well rounded approach. They're sarcastic and bitter, and relentless. When I wrote to you, I did so after you posted an invitation to PM you for details, a confidential enquiery as to what you have to say...but these posts which go on for days and days are far from discreet, and somewhat glaring. You have an agenda which is not commensurate with your service. It's as though you have a mission here, youré driven to whine about CX. Let go of it already..surely there's more in life than clinging to a past that only occupied a year and a half of your life. You found it wasn't for you, and moved on. Why don't you let others find out if it's for them?
As I read these various threads, I see that most everyone understands that things at CX could be improved. I don't doubt that. I've never flown for a company yet that couldn't stand improvement. Never the less, most seem to believe that in varying degrees, there exist reasons to stay aboard. Some are happy, some not, some feel it's okay, but really wish it were better. Others are biding their time until something else comes along.
Only a handfull of posters are bitter and angry, you're one of them and you don't even work there. That handful of posters, such as yourself and RegretCX, post as much as everyone else combined on these threads. The numbers of people such as yourself are highly disproportionate, as are the number of anti-CX postings. The result is that while clearly there's bitterness and little credibility to be lent by these barrages of bile...you do make it hard to have or listen to a rational conversation.
I have very few posts on this board, but have watched and listened for some time. Pehaps your really are entertaining yourself and are quite simply bored out of your skull. A sad prospect, but certainly possible. I respect that you have had a bad experience, perhaps even wasted a year and a half of your life that you'll never get back. Martyring yourself here and making this your vigil won't bring it back, and it becomes tiresome. By all means, say your piece, and let it rest.

Because Cathay Pacific has ruined so many lives in aviation and they don't deserve having us quiet.

I suppose I missed the gun barrel pressed agaisnt your forehead, forcing you to work there or stay there. Does Cathay Pacific ruin lives? Have you no sense of personal responsibility? If your life is ruined, you can hardly blame a company. You have choice. Take some responsibility for it.

CAN-NOT!!
18th Mar 2007, 23:48
They're sarcastic and bitter, and relentless.

What made you keep coming back for more??

BuzzBox
19th Mar 2007, 00:38
There is a website under-contruction by 5 former Cathay Pilots just to present the truth about this company.

Hmmm... and I bet they're all balanced individuals who no axe to grind. No doubt they'll present a fair and balanced view. Should make good reading.

Rhick Noades
19th Mar 2007, 07:30
One thing is for certain. These individuals all would have been balanced before Cathay. If they are not now then that sought of says something does it not? All to easy to blame the individual here. Look a little deeper and I think you'll find a lot of truth to what these individuals have to say about CX. We all know they are control freaks at CX. Just have a look at the calibre of person on the 3rd floor? Ask yourself whether they are all "balanced" individuals. I would trust Saddam Hussein more than most of those so called "managers". No need to repeat the stories about some of them. They've been told a million times. Suffice to say very poor leadership qualities! If these 5 guys are going to tell it like it is then great. I'll be there to, trust me. :ok:

Rhick Noades
19th Mar 2007, 07:39
Guppy,

I think you are out of your depth here. It is you that should just move on from this thread. What do you care about NA basings, you haven't even joined yet. Do you even have a licence?.....you sound so star struck by CX you've got 6 foot of tongue rolled out on the tarmac just itching to fit into some CX recruiters arse! Go on mate join, I dare you. If you're as sad as I think you are you'd fit in fine. Just lay off the rest of us that have been there and have seen the real CXcrement......you'll find out!!!! JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN:E

Numero Crunchero
19th Mar 2007, 10:59
To Guppy et al,
I am embarassed by what some of my so called colleagues have posted. Come to CX, if you like it, stay, if you don't, leave.

No one will hold a gun to your head either way. I wish you well.

SNS3Guppy
19th Mar 2007, 11:41
NC,

Thank you. I haven't received an invitation to interview. I am merely preparing should that become the case. I suspect that some of the more negative here haven't seen hard times yet...and consequenty may have deluded themselves by what they perceive as difficulty. No matter, there are some in every crowd, and this is no different.

Despite what he may say, I appreciate the comments by Cannot made in private, for their candor. All info considered in it's course.

I would trust Saddam Hussein more than most of those so called "managers".

You're aware he's dead, right?

BigPimpin
19th Mar 2007, 21:22
A bit strange. 3Gup is already gulping down the CX KoolAid and he hasn't even joined yet? I guess he's the kind of dude CX is looking for since he's already intoxicated.

Rhick Noades
20th Mar 2007, 00:51
You are without doubt a company plant..........try all you like to "beg" people to join. Thats fine. You just have to realise that there is an equal and opposite force trying as hard as possible to persuade people not to.

YOU sugar coat.............try and deny it. From reading your posts I would think I've won some sort or lottery, with an Island paradise thrown in.

WE (Cannot, Jose etc) give the facts.............either been and left or seen enough to know that it really is a joke.

Good luck in your climb to the 9th floor.

You really stick out like a sore thumb!:ok:

CAN-NOT!!
20th Mar 2007, 01:19
Quote from NC

Come to CX, if you like it, stay, if you don't, leave.
Good God, You make it sound so simple!! Do you think it is so easy to come up with a flying job??

Go ask the 49ers to see how many are completely out of aviation because of what happened to them? I know another guy that got sacked by CX and it took him a good 4 yrs to find a respectable job. This is what I mean when I say Cathay ruins lives! How about the 2 F/Os that recently got sacked...have they found new jobs that match their pay at CX when they were wrongly fired? CATHAY PACIFIC RUINS LIVES!!! and they do it with a smile...Same Team, Same Dream.

You see my friend, other places have a seniority system which one will have to give up to "test drive" Cathay Pacific. So your advice is wacked to say the least...yeah mate, let's all quit our good jobs and give CX a try..if we don't like it....well....we're f*cked, because it's too late!

rjmore
20th Mar 2007, 01:31
In my case as a so called "regional" captain, I'm ready for a change. I'm joining with my eyes open and an open mind. Somewhere between the very bitter and the very sweet is what my experience will be. I've been screwed enough by my current employer to make the leap.

Time will tell I guess.

BuzzBox
20th Mar 2007, 02:08
Perhaps it's about time somebody closed this thread. Could we also please get rid of these delinquents (ie CAN-NOT!! and Rhick Noades) to stop them hijacking every topic with their puerile nonsense. Perhaps then we could have some reasoned discussion in this forum. I'm a tad fed up with it all.
(Standing by for more abuse from the juvenile set)

Jose Jimenez
20th Mar 2007, 02:46
A Chinese company owns a company called "USAB" that is actually located in Canada and it supplies pilots to the parent company. Pilots with all kinds of different nationalities are flying out of the U.S. while working for a Canadian company and fly aircraft registered to PR of China...All the while they are paid in Hong Kong dollars deposited to an overseas HSBC account.....HUH???
Yeah, it sure is fishy! I think the IRS will eventually find out that some crewmembers (F/As) on the same aircraft as pilots employed by USAB are actually working for a US company (Cathay Pacific USA). I wonder what they'll think then.
Meanwhile, USAB is actually a Hong Kong company (check http://www.icris.cr.gov.hk/csci/ for USA Basing). I don't know how they get away with using a Canadian address. And those paid by USAB are paid in... US Dollars.

Rhick Noades
20th Mar 2007, 03:09
Oh sorry buzzy old chap if you're a "tad fed up" sorry to keep you from the yacht club. Here we go again. Bury their heads in the sand. Yeah Ok close this thread. I or CAN NOT will just start another one. We have issues with this company. If you are so happy at CX, why are you here? Shouldn't you be out laying on the beach sipping GandT with your mate Numero, talking golf handicaps? Why do you bother with this website? No, because the reality is you are trapped my friend. You have no choice but to like it. You are sitting in front of your computer on the 30th floor looking across at the next door neighbour's maid hanging out the washing wondering why the f#ck you signed up with this mob of idiots. Just have the b@lls to admit it!

BuzzBox
20th Mar 2007, 03:31
I rest my case...

PS. Rhick, I suspect you'd have 'issues' anywhere. Grow up - the world doesn't owe you a living buddy.

act700
20th Mar 2007, 04:15
Observing these different threads, it is funny to notice that a couple of guys have "dissappeared", and a couple of "new" guys have coincidently appeared.
These guys (screen names) carry the same message, of course.

The timing is just awesome!

Oh, before you go on bashing me, just know, that I'm just here for the entertainment. I could give a f*ck either way!
Just couldn't help myself tryin to stir up some $hit, heh, heh, heh...

Discuss!

Numero Crunchero
20th Mar 2007, 09:07
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my ability to manage, but alas I spend none of my time on any of the floors at CX city.

Life is real simple. If you don't like the situation you are in, change it. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. If this place and CX makes you that miserable then please leave. You have our blessing!

If you want to know a worse airline culture, try emirates, china air lines, korean, asiana, virgin blue, qantas and national jet. I am sure there are other bad airline cultures out there but my friends only work for those airlines I have listed. From reading other posts UPS and Fedex sound good, but they are not an option for us antipodeans.

Has CX been unfair at times....ABSOLUTELY...and so has just about every other big company on earth. Get your blinkers off and start talking to people who work in the real world! You will soon realise that life isn't always fair in any big company.

druglord
20th Mar 2007, 10:29
Hey I've got a question. If you get FO freighter in HK do you fly only to north america or do you go everywhere?

SNS3Guppy
20th Mar 2007, 15:03
A bit strange. 3Gup is already gulping down the CX KoolAid and he hasn't even joined yet? I guess he's the kind of dude CX is looking for since he's already intoxicated.

You may be forgiven for confusing objectivity and being sick of listening to the bitching, for intoxicated. Perhaps you merely lack perception.

Otherwise, it would appear you're one of the whiners, then?

TWINGLOBES
20th Mar 2007, 22:37
Druglord

When given a DEFO position to NA or Europe, you are given a domicile (ie LAX FRA LHR) you can then ask for an HK roster and all your flights begin and end there. All your pay and benefits are based on your domicile and you usually fly HKG ANC. You can end up flying to Europe, regional or beyond ANC in NA, but it seems like the majority is to ANC.

druglord
21st Mar 2007, 11:03
thanks twinglobes, so financially a bad move i guess.