PDA

View Full Version : Questions??

Liam Gallagher
16th Mar 2007, 23:08
1. In the recent Management shuffle; was Rhick Noades by-passed??
2. Is the PPRune poster "The Management" losing his touch?? Is it because he is "Ghost-writing" for Richard Hall?
3. Will Richard Hall ever get a contract in Hollywood?
4. Was Richard Hall's missive regarding Freighter flying a slap on the hand for Henry? Did the slap involve a wet fish??
5. Will the new "American" COO form a support group for the beleagured North American pilots along the same lines as PC did for the LEP's?
6. Aren't Electronic manuals neat??

The Management
17th Mar 2007, 06:30
Mr. Rhodes was not bypassed. He is very effective at his job. Since his inception into The Cathay Pacific Group in 1996 he has managed to reduce costs, increase productivity, introduce intimidation and was the key figure in creating the 49ers (it is sad that 2 of the 49ers lives were cut short but Mr. Rhodes sleeps very well at night). He is rewarded with benefits and bonuses. We cannot replace Mr. Rhodes at this time. We need him for the next year or two to implement our next phase. He will be rewarded at a later time.

As for losing my touch……………………….

Not very respectful to Mr. Hall.

As for The Management changes, Mr. Chen is needed elsewhere and we need someone to implement our next phase of Pilot Management. As you know Mr. Tyler was our spokesperson in 1999 and 2001 and has distaste for all pilots. He is the most logical person for our next phase.

Our new COO will help support the next phase. The North American pilots, don’t expect sympathy.

We expect very few pilots choose not to fly the freighter. We may get some Captains that are brave enough but we will make a note on who they are and what package they are on. We need to reduce cost where and when we can. We expect virtually no First Officers to make a decision not to fly the Freighters. Most First Officers know we will view this as industrial action and it will be entered in their P-file for command selection. We expect the same with the Second Officers. Most have it in their contract to fly the freighters and we expect those pilots to honor their contract. If not, we will terminate their contract.

The more First Officers we categorize as “not suitable for command” will be the need for Direct Entry Captains. This is something we wanted to implement for years but pilots were too cohesive 10 years ago. This is certainly not the case at this time and will be effortless to implement. DEC will provide us the ability to expand the airline very quickly with very low training costs.

We will implement the DEC program for a 2-3 year period as then we will have the proper amount of pilots in place. We have a great training department to handle the task of Direct Entry Captains. For those pilots that are thinking on our DEC program, we are now taking applications for implementation early next year.

For those First and Second Officers thinking they will not be upgraded, this is not the case. We will continue to upgrade from within but not at the rate some will like. Our priority will be Direct Entry Captain until we have the flexibility to expand.

We are anxiously waiting for some pilots to be brave enough to put their head above the parapet. This will make the implementation much easier.

As Captain Hall stated we reserve the right to ask any pilot any questions on any part of the operation, Full Stop. We are the employer.

The Management

CAN-NOT!!
17th Mar 2007, 08:15
We have a great training department

darn near spill my coffee.

another great post...:D :D :D :D

Rhick Noades
17th Mar 2007, 09:23
This week was a great week for front end traffic, as my son managed to get 1A all the way from Vancouver to London without me even having to make a phone call. He did however have to cut his ski holiday short by a day as the limo couldn't pick him up from the chalet in the afternoon. I explained to him we all have to make sacrifices, I gave the example of the pilots at CX. He understood this blue collar anecdote and all in all took it well. Thanks to all the staff travel people involved. It is nice to see workers treating my children with the respect they have earned.
We are actively recruiting as many people as possible for the freighter. Any passenger fleet crew member that would like to fly the freighter full time would be treated most decently. Any passenger fleet pilot asked to fly the freighter and decides not to because it is in their CoS will also be respected for their decision and we will bare no mallice or ill feeling whatsoever. Remember it is your choice, we just ask that you choose to fly it. On the training side the implementation of the 1/2 score I mentioned in my last update is going well. So far 22 "1/2's have been given, I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not but it seems the 22 pilots were asked to fly the freighter and graciously declined. Maybe their decision was weighing on their minds while in the sim.
On the IFS side of things we have had to react to the few complaints we have had about our business class seats being too soft. As of next April we will be introducing our new "Agriculture- Class". Passengers will be asked to bring their own blankets and sleeping bags. Straw will be provided free of charge, to make things extra comfy. IFE will be provided by the coffee maker in the galley, we have thought long and hard about this one and the red and green lights mixed with the smell of freshly brewed coffee is hard to beat. As all the freighter aircraft will be out flying with the pax fleet volunteers the forward cargo hold will be near empty on most flights. This mean we will be installing a long drop in the MEC area for all Ag Class passengers. Anyway I think this just about covers it.
Happy and safe flying.

Regards,

Rhick