PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten remarks overheard when Nick Lappos Visits

Avnx EO
14th Mar 2007, 21:09
Top ten remarks overheard when Nick Lappos visits your booth at HAI….
….

10. I know he was smiling while he said it…. So how come I still feel insulted.
9. 10 bucks says you can’t find a topic he doesn’t have an opinion on.
8. One word…. Decaf
7. You're kidding me...…. That WASN’T Jeff Pino !?!?
6. (Suggest yours here)
5. (Suggest yours here)
4. (Suggest yours here)
3. (Suggest yours here)
2. (Suggest yours here)

And the number one remark overheard when Nick Lappos visits your booth at HAI….

1. Of course he’s the most well-known guy in the helicopter industry…. That’s why he works for Gulfstream.

Help me fill in the rest.

NickLappos
14th Mar 2007, 21:38
Wow, Avnx EO! You should never feel insulted because of my remarks, a glance at your cockpits should be all it takes....;)

R1Tamer
14th Mar 2007, 22:06
Number 2 "Nick who?"

SASless
14th Mar 2007, 22:39
We are talking about a guy who has the deepest pockets and shortest arms in the industry are we not?

He opened his wallet the other day at lunch after I shamed him about missing the Bash in Orlando....and bless my trousers....Moths flew from the thing!;)

Jack Carson
14th Mar 2007, 22:54
Nick typically provides any and all remarks. So those commenting were obviously not listening. I have also heard Nick referred to as “T” Rex i.e. Very short arms. The depth of the pockets I cannot comment on.

NickLappos
14th Mar 2007, 23:52
SASless, I am deeply hurt - I did buy lunch as I recall. And I had to listen to your war stories, too!

22clipper
15th Mar 2007, 00:29
A helo pilot who buys lunch?! That's not a typo is it? You know buys lunch, bums lunch....

SASless
15th Mar 2007, 01:12
I am not one to exaggerate so I shall set the record straight. Nick did in fact buy "lunch" for the two of us.

If one can consider a couple of Corndogs, an RC Cola, and a Moonpie.... lunch.

He said it was a BBQ joint but then I am inclined to think his knowledge of BBQ about equals what he knows about Centripedal forces in Robbie Heads.:uhoh:

Now Nick ol' Lad....when you find yourself up thiis way....I shall educate you on the Standard by which BBQ is judged. That being Lexington BBQ!:ok:

Brian Abraham
15th Mar 2007, 04:21
Three courses for lunch SAS? := Nicks a spend thrift. :E
PS If you want proper BBQ come to Oz :ok:

22clipper
15th Mar 2007, 04:51
I'm dismayed at my own ignorance SASy. I mean I've heard of CornDogs (you all) but what on earth is a Moonpie?

Are centripedal forces from using too much pedal or not enough & how are they different from centripetal (or centrifugal for that matter)?

212man
15th Mar 2007, 06:29
Parting comment from Nick might be: "sorry guys, got to go: meeting up with Helicomparator for a beer, and to talk about how great the EC-225 is" :E

Then again, it might not be.......;)

Granny
15th Mar 2007, 07:42
What a load of dribble , I have never read so much crap on a thread ,
you guys need to get a life

topendtorque
15th Mar 2007, 12:23
Anyone want a "Raw Prawn" for the barbie? ~ see Granny.

ShyTorque
15th Mar 2007, 13:12
"What a load of dribble , I have never read so much crap on a thread ,
you guys need to get a life"

But Granny, first you were only reading it and now you're joining in!

It's a well known fact that heli pilots, when they have nothing better to do, have a dig at each other.

Mind you, that Lappos chap is a mere jet jockey these days. I think he finally admitted helicopters were beyond him ;)

crop duster
15th Mar 2007, 13:14
I'm dismayed at my own ignorance SASy. I mean I've heard of CornDogs (you all) but what on earth is a Moonpie?

Moonpie and aRah C Cola, favorite snack around here.:) Must be one of those things unique to the South. It's a marshmello squashed between two cookies.
barryb

NickLappos
15th Mar 2007, 13:56
SASLess has altzheimer's syndrome, yet again!

The lunch was a dandy pulled pork sandwitch, with a large lemonade and fries. He took the fries home with him, having et (that's how he said it!) only a few.

Please, don't nobody ask what a pulled pork is....

Gomer Pylot
15th Mar 2007, 14:12
If it was pulled pork, it wasn't barbecue. You can barbecue beef, chicken, sausage, and sometimes turkeys and armadillos, but pulled pork is just some meat that they eat over yonder in the southeast where they don't know much about barbecue. If somebody bought me a pulled pork sandwich for lunch, I'd be insulted too. :yuk: :cool: :yuk:
Moonpies (http://www.moonpie.com)
More Moonpies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_pie)

malaprop
15th Mar 2007, 15:33
So a Moon Pie's a Wagon Wheel then...and there was I fearing it had an anatomical similarity to a hair pie...

SASless
15th Mar 2007, 15:49
Now don't get the wrong idea here.....I was not insulted. Quite the opposite I was.....it is not often one gets to see the Moths from a Wallet trick. I was suitably impressed with the sheer numbers of the things that roared out of his billfold. Why it reminded me of some of the scenes in "The Green Mile"!:D

HOSS 1
16th Mar 2007, 01:21
Hey, perhaps it's just the crowd! Nick bought lunch for our whole crew. The resturant was top-notch. As I recall you had to duck to avoid getting entrapped by the strips of flypaper while coming in the front (screen) door. But, it sure was good Q. :)

Hoss

RWJackOfAllTrades
16th Mar 2007, 13:19
SASLess and ol Nick...priceless stuff guys. Good to see that not everyone in aviation has suffered a chronic sense of humour failure.

But seriously, I have travelled a bit and eaten some strange stuff in my time...what the hell is pulled pork? Strangely enough it sounds quite intriguing and possibly delish.

Gomer Pylot
16th Mar 2007, 14:17
Pulled Pork (http://bbq.about.com/cs/porkpulled/a/aa080400a.htm) Google is your friend.

Jack Carson
16th Mar 2007, 15:45
Hoss 1,
Was it Lenny’s, just across from the landfill in Shelton, CT about a mile from the Stratford Plant? Best dam dogs in CT. 1,000,000 flies could not wrong.:ok:

IFMU
17th Mar 2007, 01:10
Hoss 1,
Was it Lenny’s, just across from the landfill in Shelton, CT about a mile from the Stratford Plant? Best dam dogs in CT. 1,000,000 flies could not wrong.

Jack,

I think that went out a few years ago. Last time I was there a couple of years ago I think it got bought out and now is some sort of French-sounding restaurant. Once the flies left, the real riff-raff cleared out as well (the pilots, of course). I'm actually heading that way this week, I'll see if its there.

-- IFMU

Avnx EO
17th Mar 2007, 05:09
Can't believe this..:ugh: . two pages of thread and no one adds anything to the list. ..... It's all about who pays for lunch.

HOSS 1
17th Mar 2007, 20:57
Nope, it wasn't the dog house. That place was great, though! I Fu Mu is correct. It's gone to the great grease pit in the sky. I miss it. It's places like that that allow us to travel the world knowing the proper enzymes and antibodies are in place to battle whatever is sent their way!

HeliComparator
17th Mar 2007, 21:17
I was just glad to read a thread which contained "Nick Lappos" and "pulled pork" in the same post!

topendtorque
17th Mar 2007, 21:29
It's all about who pays for lunch.

I didn't think that was on the menu.

I think Sasless is still on soup, Nick's had a fair feed and plenty others have had good pickings on the way past.

But the fair could change.

NickLappos
17th Mar 2007, 21:33
Better Nick Lappos and Pulled Pork

than

Helicomparitor and English Muffin

HeliComparator
17th Mar 2007, 22:20
OK fair enough! Muffins are very nice anyway...

HC

Avnx EO
18th Mar 2008, 17:01
So after a year, in an absurd twist of irony that I didn't anticipate, I finally get to finish this thread.....

Top ten remarks overheard when Nick Lappos visits your booth at HAI….

..... I wonder whose job he's interviewing for?