PDA

View Full Version : Globespan 2007

mm0wkj
14th Mar 2007, 15:15
As the issue of seating has been closed on the other forums, heres a continuation of that thread.

re GLS-SFB and other flight issues.

Globespan have leased their only 767's to Air India. They are currently leasing 2 x 767's from NEOS and are attempting to refit these with a cut down business class (with 38" pitch as opposed to 50"). Premium and ecconomy is in doubt as no one at Globespan will confirm what the seating will be.

As of today the known situation is :

Globespan are leasing 2 x 767 from NEOS as theirs have gone to Air India to make them even more money.
The original seating in these NEOS 767's was 280 seats single class, 232 config, no personal IFE.
They are attempting to refit to some kind of business, premium, ecconomy config but have refused to confirm when questioned.
The current status of GLA-SFB flights for the 2007 summer season is unknown. GS have stated that passengers on these flights who have already booked will receive an e-mail/telephone call within the next 48 hours detailing the changes.. This doesn't bode well for those who have now paid for business/premium seating and could now be dumped in a cramped seat without the additional services they have paid for.

I will be posting whenever I get more news but so far its not looking good for GS. Selling seats on aircraft they dont have, charging customers for services they wont get and for those who have checked their website, you'll notice the 50" seat pitch has been removed from flights and been replaced with 'Generous Seat Pitch'... Generous in Aircraft speak can be as little as 30"... Economy and Premium have the same wording.....

Watch this space..............

If you have abooking with Globespan I would be very worried right now and I advise calling them ASAP to confirm you are getting what you have booked and will actually be able to fly on the dates you need.

It is indeed a worrying time if you are a Globespan customer.

mm0wkj
14th Mar 2007, 15:31
Latest from GS. flights to SFB will be using 767 and 757. GS have refused to confirm the source of the 757 and as yet there are no confirmed agreements with any leasing agents with GS for them to aquire 757's. The deal with Iceland Air went pear shaped and fell through so it wont be theirs, there is a possiblity it could be Excel Airways but that hasn't been confirmed. If the do end up with a 757, it will seriously impact the sched as that aircraft wont make it across the pond in a single hop so the direct flight option goes out the window.

The only 767'sGS are left with are leased from NEOS. These are ex KLM aircraft and were refitted on Greensboro to a single calss, 280 seats so would have to be refitted again to offer 3 class layout. thats a lot of dosh to put out on a short term lease..

GS have refused to confirm anything. Cant confirm aircraft, cant confirm seating, Cant guarantee 50" or even 38" seat pitch at this time, cant confirm booking wont be changed or even cancelled... this simply isn't good enough.

TechProblem
14th Mar 2007, 17:56
Well if there is 50 inches worth of seating, are these 767's 300's? If so are they the same door wise as the GSM fleet.

Most 767-300's have a 6 door config 2 front 2 middle and 2 aft, GSM's dont they have 4, 2 front 2 aft, and 4 mini exits on the wing.

Is the reason they cant have 50" because they are 200's or that there is a problem with this middle door option?

TightSlot
14th Mar 2007, 22:30
As the issue of seating has been closed on the other forums, heres a continuation of that thread.
Oh Joy!!! :(

Mr @ Spotty M
14th Mar 2007, 22:36
Not the same door config as GSM.
Lease a/c have 2 doors either side in front of wing, 2 emergency doors behind wing and 2 doors at the back.
Should be no problem with seat pitch, this door config is for high capacity.:ok:

smith
15th Mar 2007, 00:47
Merde!!!

I have just booked a business class single SF-GLA and noticed the 50" seat pitch had been removed. I am flying back from Sanford on 29th March, anyone got any idea which aircraft I'll be on?

gavin360
15th Mar 2007, 08:52
tightslot
this threat was closed on A A and R and the mod advised a move 2 P and S L F i opened a thread on the seat pitch guide being removed from globespans site early in january and you CLOSED it is this not the place for pax 2 find out what is going on, if you had spent 9,000euro for yourself and 7 family members for a service that u are not going 2 get you would be asking questions . i hope globespan get sorted out because the service onboard is great and the crew will be the ones suffering .

TightSlot
15th Mar 2007, 08:58
A search of your previous posting history reveals something of an obsession with Globespan: Mods find that this sets off alarm bells, since single issue posting can sometimes topple over into vendetta.

Run with this if you wish, but please resist the temptation to give us daily updates on every twist and turn in the saga.

gavin360
15th Mar 2007, 09:11
i used this forum to find out about the service and the seat ect i go to orlando 5-6 times a year so globespan and i will be spending a lot of time together as they have the only direct service from my country 2 orlando i have travelled with them three times bfs-sfb in five months so if i had anything bad 2 say about them it would have come out by now and if someone wanting 2 know what is going on is to boring for you that is your problem

TightSlot
15th Mar 2007, 09:14
if someone wanting 2 know what is going on is to boring for you that is your problem
It can become yours too - now move on - sharpish!

gavin360
15th Mar 2007, 09:35
anyway back to the Topic any info would be great on what a/c ,seat config,will the flights be direct ect ect ect thanks

TechProblem
15th Mar 2007, 11:39
Well, just visited the GSMN web site to see for myself, now from MAN as of the 1st the YHM will be 38", but the Calargy is still 50", the plot thickens :rolleyes:

mm0wkj
15th Mar 2007, 11:40
Moderator : Sorry mate, I thought forums were used to give people access to information they normally wouldn't have.

I dont have a vendetta agains GS but I, like many other travellers, do have an interest.
I would hope that anyone who had any information on an Airline would use such outlets to pass that information on. An apparently small change to the airline may jeopardise hundreds of peoples travel plans or the level of service they are parting with their hard earned cash to enjoy.
I for one am delighted there are such forums available and use them extensiveley to research each and every trip I make and any piece of information, no matter how small or trivial it may seem, can make the difference between making, keeping or cancelling a booking.

The more people who access this info the better as it will put pressure on the airlines to improve the service they offer or lose custom. Your forums are packed with this type of inforamtion and I appreciate your efforts in keeping it alive.:D

I don't have an issue with moving the threads to another location, or closing it completely but please dont chastise those using the web to pass on even the smallest piece of information. That snippet of data can make a world of difference to so many people.

Any hoo.....

More news today....

GS will be using a 757 and 767 to SFB this summer. The 757 is leased from Iceland Air and its been repainted in GS colours and is due to start in April if not before. Business seating pitch is reduced by 25% from 50" to 38" as no internal refit is being done. Data is available on the layout etc on the Iceland Air site. Look under their Saga Class entries.

767's are being reffitted but the one used on the SFB route may have the same 38" pitch so they can squeeze in the extra passengers they cant get on the 757.

GS are planning a single hop 757 excursion to FL from the UK... Bit worrying. :confused:

Distance to SFB from GLA : 4200 miles
Range of a loaded 757-200 : 3900ish
Short by : 300. Better get your wellies and water wings ready or hope for a strong tail wind.

Their excuse for it being able to make it is "we will be limiting the cargo on these flights to extend the range".....YEAH RIGHT. Do you seriously think they are going to dump precious cargo income so joe public can take that extra towel to the beach???? Dont think so. :=

Keep an eye out for your change notifications when you get bumped to the 757, and watch out for the 'Extra' flying time they stick in... It wont mention a stop as it isn't officiallly a stop, refuelling doesnt get a mention.

What ever time you are set to depart, add 4 hours and that should be the local time you are to arrive. Anything else and your stopping somewhere.

As always, as soon as I have any more I'll post...... Moderator willing :ok:

smith
15th Mar 2007, 13:31
mm0wkj

Do you know when this is all about to start? I am a bit p'ed off coz I specifically booked GSM business class for the extra leg room. One very unhappy customer here if it is a change to the a/c I thought I was going to fly. Is there any compensation if you do not get what you paid for?

mm0wkj
15th Mar 2007, 14:12
757 planned start April or March if they can get it organised in time.

Best to call them and get some info direct. 08700 541 222 is the best number. if its engaged, try again and wait for it to time out before hanging up.... it may ring for quite a while.

jetset23
15th Mar 2007, 15:25
Does anybody know why the tuesday flight from glasgow to orlando has a stop and the rest of the week it does not

ta

mm0wkj
15th Mar 2007, 15:46
Tuesday flights go via Belfast.

gavin360
15th Mar 2007, 17:16
the tue flight stops in bfs but it is a fast stop i think it takes about 1 hour

TechProblem
15th Mar 2007, 19:10
GS are planning a single hop 757 excursion to FL from the UK... Bit worrying. :confused:

Distance to SFB from GLA : 4200 miles
Range of a loaded 757-200 : 3900ish
Short by : 300. Better get your wellies and water wings ready or hope for a strong tail wind.

It could be an ER, i remeber some FinAir 757-200 did SFB flights out of MAN for AIr scanidic, these a/c have bigger engine's and a higher full pay load.

Although i think it tech stopped in Bangor on the way out for fuel.

Carnethy
16th Mar 2007, 13:10
Well I'd like to say that I support your quest fully mm0wkj. I'm millimetres from booking Edinburgh - Hamilton and I'm aware of all the uncertainty regarding GSM and their plans for 2007. The prices are great and airports are convenient but I, like you, would like assurance that if I spend more money on "Premium" that I get what I pay for.
What comeback, in legal terms, would one have if booked on Business class & actually receive the service payed for? Obviously a good insurance policy might help!
I'd like to say, however that I've flown GSM 3/4 times to PFO on the 738 and thought they were fantastic - the crew were great. I trust these issues will be resolved soon, however I don't know whether to book my flight or not :( .................?

mm0wkj
16th Mar 2007, 15:46
Carnethy, I wouldn't let this hiccup stop you booking. Although I've been banging my head against a brick wall getting info out of them, the service in flight has allways been good. Its just a pity that service doesnt extend from GSM's management to the troops at ground level.

Its not the staff at the end of the phones fault, its their management who dont pass on the information so they can answer customer questions quickly, efficiently and accurately.
A bit of common sense would have helped them identify the changes required, advise their staff of those changes and any alternatives they are authorised to offer, then contact the affected passengers to advise them of those changes before they made any alterations to their website or their timetables online. Blindly racing ahead with changes and alterations and not informaing people is not how to run a business.

How much of their staffs time has now been wasted chasing management for answers to questions they should have had answers to weeks ago?.

I bet the staff now know more about the flight scheduling now than they did last week and have managed to assist countless other passengers with the information they have gained.

Lets hope the GSM management have been watching the forums and take note. If they decide to make changes to increase their own bonuses and profit scores, make sure they support their own people in the front line doing their dirty work by telling them about it and give them the support they need to support us, the paying public. After all, without us, they dont get their bonus do they.....

smith
16th Mar 2007, 18:52
I fully support mm0jwk as well as I have flown GSM many times and think in fact they are a good airline, so come on mods give mm0 a break.
I think GSM's website should be a bit more transparent on their intentions especially when booking premium services. I contacted them today regarding my business class flight from SFB-GLA on 29th March and they have assured me it will be on "one of their own 767's" and assured me it will have 50" seat pitch. One very happy customer for the moment, unless there are further changes in the near future.

iain32
16th Mar 2007, 19:20
Hi guys,
In july i am going on holiday to Toronto and i am flying with GSM from Glasgow. I am travelling in premium economy and i was wandering if it would be a 757 or 767 i would be travelling in and the leg room that would be available.

thanks

afterdark
17th Mar 2007, 06:08
depends when/ where you are flying to in Toronto
Glasgow to Toronto Pearson till May I believe = Zoom 767
Glasgow to Toronto Hamilton = GSM (leased)757 or GSM 737.
as to 757 range if it has less cargo & passengers,
( ie less seats than the usual Europe bound holiday charter with 28 inch seat pitch )
less seats = more legroom with longer seat pitch =
less weight + less cargo + winglets = longer range
could it make GLA or BFS - SFB or SFB - BFS or GLA direct non stop who knows till it's tried.
On the 767 debate, wern't GSM to recieve another 3rd 767-300 from ANZ Spring '07 but was rumoured to be delayed, if so, have they got the seats they had planned to put in said aircraft in storage, would it be possible to refit in the short term one of the 767's they are leasing from Neos if this is the case ?

gavin360
18th Mar 2007, 19:05
my folks came in on friday morning sfb-bfs it was the 767 that has been doing the it all winter flight was good no problems

yvonnelynch
21st Mar 2007, 09:43
after reading the posts above i wonder what f g s are doing i am sure that there staff are viewing on this forum enough to see the above issue and give some info to people on this thread so were are u F G S staff????

TechProblem
21st Mar 2007, 13:51
Seems like the YHM will be going on 3 class 757's and the Van/Cag will go on the Noes 767. Not sure if the 767 will be re-configed as they are one class a/c and also have the 6 door config, instead of the 4 door GSM 767's

GSM SCOT
22nd Mar 2007, 09:19
This flight is scheduled to operate on the Neos 767 over the summer.

Carnethy
22nd Mar 2007, 17:21
I'm not understanding the YHM 757 thing? All the YHM flights cannot be served by one 757 as the 3x weekly Glasgow flights need to be considered as well. Maybe these will be on a 738? Any one have any ideas?

TechProblem
22nd Mar 2007, 19:50
There are supposed to be 3-4 757's operatering on behalf of gsm.

gavin360
22nd Mar 2007, 20:20
what will the config/seat pitch of the neos 767 a/c be when globespan have it???

mm0wkj
23rd Mar 2007, 09:54
To answer the last few above.

GSM are looking for more 757's. Not got them yet though. The 738 will be available so some flights will be using it. God help the pax on that sardine can..

It looks like they will be a/c sharing and incorporating empty transfers between locations to meet the schedules. ie, 757 used on belfast/dublin toronto route will fly empty from ireland to glasgow to do a sanford hop. Times on the new sched would allow for this until June. If no more 757;s arive by then the sched's will have to be changed or more flights will need the 738. Too many unhappy pax to even go there me thinks,.

767 config for GS (normally)

2-2-2 in business, 4 rows 50" seat pitch
2-3-2 premium, 9 rows (staggered) 34" seat pitch
2-3-2 Eccomomy, 23 rows (last 2 rows with centre 3 only) 31-32" pitch.

Neos config (normally)

2-3-2, all 280 seats 31-32".

GS may reconfig to their spec with 50" business, 34" premium and leave the rest as is. But there is an option to do 38" business, no premium seats but premium service. Ecconomy as is. TBC.

afterdark
24th Mar 2007, 04:50
first 757-200 registered with C.A.A. & arrives in Glasgow
was registered on Friday with C.A.A.
Previous ID: TF-FIK First Reg. Date: 23/03/2007
Manufacturer: BOEING COMPANY
Type: BOEING 757-28A
Serial No.: 26276
ICAO 24 bit aircraft address (hex): 4010FF
Popular Name: -
Generic Name: 757
Aircraft Class: FIXED-WING LANDPLANE
Engines: 2 - 2 x ROLLS-ROYCE RB211-535E4-37
Ownership Status: Chartered
Registered Owners: GLOBESPAN AIRWAYS LTD
TRADING AS: FLYGLOBESPAN.COM
10 WEST MILL ROAD
EDINBURGH
EH13 0NX
UNITED KINGDOM
MTOW: 113398kg Total Hours: Year Built: 1996
CofA / Permit: AWAITING CERTIFICATION C of A Expiry:
Application Received: 08/02/2007 Change of C of A details in progress
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arrived Glasgow in the wee small hours

Detailed Flight Information:
Flyglobespan Flight 99JM to Glasgow, Scotland, Great Britain
(EGPF-Glasgow International Airport)
43° F
Clear
Airline Flyglobespan
Flight Number 99JM
Departure City (Airport) Keflavik, Iceland (BIKF)
Departure Time
Arrival City (Airport) Glasgow, Scotland, Great Britain (EGPF)
Arrival Time 03/24/2007 02:44 AM
Remaining Flight Time 00:00
Aircraft Type
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Landed

mm0wkj
24th Mar 2007, 22:32
And the same a/c left for Sanford VIA BANGOR FOR FUEL this morning as GSM 725 as I knew it would. GS again confirmed on Wednesday that this A/C would do the GLA/SFB hop without refuelling as the pax would be limited to 181 and cargo weight would be reduced.....YEAH RIGHT. :ugh:

Oh well, there is some good news. all those poor pax who were schedulled to be on the 737 for Sat flights until April 17th, now have a chance of getting the 757. Lets just hope they havent changed the Saga class on that a/c and shoved in more Ecc seats in their place.

afterdark
25th Mar 2007, 04:21
is on the return leg from SFB - GLA non stop as of 5.21 am
Airline Flyglobespan
Flight Number 726
Departure City (Airport) Orlando, FL (SFB)
Departure Time 03/24/2007 07:45 PM
Arrival City (Airport) Glasgow, Scotland, Great Britain (EGPF)
Arrival Time 03/25/2007 11:30 PM
Remaining Flight Time 18:12
Aircraft Type Boeing 757-200
Current Altitude 37,000 feet
Current Groundspeed 570 mph
Flight Status In Flight

out of cuiousity does anyone know how long the lease is for and what configuration the seating is on this bird

Jet_stream
25th Mar 2007, 11:00
Hope this helps, on G-CEJM. business seats 22 - pitch 38 inches.

IFE - each business pax gets a personal unit and also headsets to watch the main IFE.

Premium economy is a service upgrade seat which means that pitch is the same as no frills but pax get higher luggage allowance, comp bar/meal and IFE headsets.

The a/c is very nice inside.

Rallye EI-BFP
25th Mar 2007, 14:00
It is believed that Excel Airways new Irish division will be operating the Shannon/dublin YHM flights

mutt
25th Mar 2007, 21:50
Total thread creep........

http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/4948-0.pdf regarding EI-BFP.

Sorry...

Mutt

gavin360
26th Mar 2007, 09:08
Jetstream
What about the pax that booked prem-eco for the legroom what is the seat pitch in eco on the 757?? and what a/c will be doing the tuesday service from b f s

point5
26th Mar 2007, 09:13
Will this aircraft be based at GLA all summer? Its not due to opt the Liverpool service then?

mm0wkj
26th Mar 2007, 12:29
757 has apparently not been refitted from its previous Iceland Air config.

2-2 Business (38" pitch)

3-3 Ecc (31-32" pitch)

No alteration for PE but they should sit you at the front of the Ecc cabin.. Without the extra legroom though. There are 5 Ecc seats just behind Business and they have 34-38" pitch so try to get these if poss.

No refunds for loss of legroom say GS as PE and Business service is as normal. IFE in Business should be Personal DVD players and the 5 seats behind business should get these as well as they wont be able to see the Ecc screens. They are beside the loo as well so take a nose peg.

Image of A/C just befor its maided GS flight here

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?front=yes&s=1&keywords=globespan+757

Old Iceland Air Saga (Business) class here

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=&airlinesearch=Icelandair%7CBlue+Line+Holidays+%28Icelandair% 29&countrysearch=&specialsearch=cabin&daterange=&keywords=&range=&sort_order=&page_limit=15&thumbnails=&calccount=1141471&truecount=false&engine_version=6.0

Seat plan here
http://www.icelandair.com/home/travel-information/in-flight/seat-map/757-200/

Carnethy
26th Mar 2007, 16:49
Booked EDI - YHM in May and just had a look at the seat selection page on the GSM website. It's a bit different from Icelandair's in that the Premium Economy seats go all the way back to row 25! Not that I'm too bothered, but I like a view out the window, so which seats are to be avoided so I don't get a "wing view"? Also which are the emergency exits as these aren't shown on GSM's seat selection page?
The 757 looks smart, hopefully a couple more soon. Shame no winglets though!!

metalboymike
26th Mar 2007, 18:50
I was thinking of booking with GSM to Canada and was confused with the Baggage allowance. Are you allowed two bags or one, Im thinking of their PS service.

Their website doesn't say much.

thanks

RDM65
26th Mar 2007, 19:15
Only just registered, it's with not a little alarm I read these posts. I am booked onto a flight to Sanford in late September, will I still be get the 50" seat pitch I thought I had booked and will the flight be direct.

GSM SCOT
26th Mar 2007, 19:20
The baggage allowance you are allowed with Premium service upgrade is 30 Kg's per person. If there are two of you travelling together that makes it 60 Kg's in total, unlike Ryanair you can share your baggage allowance if you are traveling on the same booking.
You are only allowed one bag per person in the cabin, same as all other flights.
Hope this helps.

mm0wkj
26th Mar 2007, 19:29
Hi Carnethy

Hmmm. Not sure what you mean by 'checked the GSM website'. Unless you havent picked your seats it wont show you a seat plan?. Could you post the link you use so I could have a look please?. If PE is all the way back to row 25 it may be the new layout for the Neos 767's starting next month. Would be very interested to see that layout as there hasn't been anything listed for it yet.

If PE is back to row 25 that would hint that Business pitch has been reduced or PE is 32" and not 34"...or both.

once I've seen the new layout I'll be able to advise on exit rows, wing view etc.

metalboymike
26th Mar 2007, 20:28
So your only allowed one checked bag going across the atlantic?
which can have a max weight of 30kgs in PS. Then if you want another bag you buy one onlline before the flight?

thanks

Carnethy
26th Mar 2007, 23:00
Hi mm0wkj

You can only select seats once you have a booking reference (menu's also). I will try & copy/paste the link, etc so you can see, but it's a bit late and the server is showing as down. Will try again 2moro.

GSM SCOT
27th Mar 2007, 06:53
Your only allowed one checked bag in the cabin. You can have as many bags aa you like, within reason, in the hold as long as it is withing the weight limits.

gavin360
27th Mar 2007, 09:41
Just booked the folks for the 24th april until 22nd may bfs - sfb the seat map came up as normal but it is showing the 757 outbound and 767 home

mm0wkj
27th Mar 2007, 10:38
Carnethy,

Bit worrying if they have up to row 25 as PE . They are obvouisly getting people to pay as much as poss for the same seats. No additional legroom on that AC I'm afraid. All Ecc seats are 32". Apart from rows 7 and 8. Row 7 (3 seats behind Business, and ro 8 , 2 seats behind that. Pitch on these is 34-38 depending on where you sit). Bonus in these is you should get the personal DVD player as you cant see the Ecc screens for the IFE from them.

Recent pax on the 757 was offered £15 in GS vouchers after complaining about legroom in PE. Not much when they charge £100+ per sector for the service. Pax obviously disgusted reading their comments and needless to say, no longer a GS flyer.

Watch for them slipping in a fuel stop. 1st flight made one outbound and they didn't change the arr time so it looked like a direct flight. Arrived over an hour late after stopping in Bangor though. BAA site showed Sanford Via Bangor but GS somehow missed that.

Also,

Attempted lease of another 737 has hit the rocks. Looks like customer pressure has pushed them into trying Air Newzealand again for a 767./

Thanks 'J'

Watch the BAA site tomorrow (Wednesday) http://www.glasgowairport.com/portal/controller/dispatcher.jsp?Ch=Live+Flight+Departures&ChID=5a3356e1ef26c010VgnVCM10000036821c0a____&ChPath=GLA%5EFlight+Information%5ELive+Flight+Departures&ChIDPath=741697dc2eb12010VgnVCM100000147e120a____%5E63b697dc 2eb12010VgnVCM100000147e120a____%5E5a3356e1ef26c010VgnVCM100 00036821c0a
GSM 725 to Sanford. Lets see if its shows 'Via Bangor' and then check out http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/fids.asp?Display=Arrivals and see if the arrival time shows up late.

mm0wkj
27th Mar 2007, 12:57
Carnethy,
Seat plan is here for that 757 and it is the same as the GS plane. They have just edited it for their own site.

http://www.icelandair.com/home/travel-information/in-flight/seat-map/757-200/

Exit rows are 16 and 17. rows 15 and 16 have restricted recline as they recline into the exits. Row 17 has slightly more legroom doe to the exit. May have trays in the seat arm so the seats will be narrower and you wont be able to rasie the arm rest. PE listed seats apart from rows 7, 8, 9 and 10 will have an engine or wing view. 11 and 12 will be OK but you will be looking at the engine.

point5
27th Mar 2007, 16:15
Is the interior gonna stay like this permanently or will they reconfigure it eventually? Any news on the LPL based aircraft?

Cheers!

Mr @ Spotty M
27th Mar 2007, 18:29
Well if the seat plan is edited from the Icelandair seat plan, they have made a complete B**** up of it.
Exit rows are 16 and 17. rows 15 and 16 have restricted recline as they recline into the exits. Row 17 has slightly more legroom doe to the exit.
Those rows will not have restricted seat recline or more leg room as the exits do not exist.
This aircraft does not have over wing exits like the Icelandair seat plan, it has the number 3 door emergency exit fit as per MON, TCX, FCA & TOM etc.
I can see this airline appearing on programs like WatchDog and the like this summer.:mad:

mm0wkj
28th Mar 2007, 09:03
Mr @ SpottyM,

could you post a link to the layout as this was the only Iceland Air plan available for their 757's.

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Mar 2007, 16:01
Sorry do not have a seat plan, only know the one you had linked too is not any good.:uhoh:

smith
29th Mar 2007, 23:55
Currently sitting at SFB with the 767 on the tarmac, I'm booked Business so hope it is the 50" pitch. Delayed 2 hours due to alegiant air MD80 having a gear up landing and stuck on 09L.

point5
30th Mar 2007, 07:09
Aren't the majority of landings gear down?

smith
30th Mar 2007, 13:32
Arrived back at Glasgow, could see the allegiant air on the adjacent runway as we took off. Equipment was A GSM 767 with 50" seat pitch in business class. Business Class almost full, Prem econ about half full, econ almost empty. Would say a max of 90 pax on board.

explorer50uk
1st Apr 2007, 15:16
Hi everyone,

We are booked on the SFB flight in April I got an e mail yesterday telling us about the changes to the flight. When I phoned, the girl, who was very nice by the way, she agreed with me but could only offer the option to cancel with a full refund, Looks like Thats what we are going to do. I booked G/S so that we did not have to fly with Continental on their 757 so am a bit fed up with this. Its going to mean a few changes to our holiday but it will be worth it ( I hope!!!) I am so glad we did not upgrade again to business, that would be a bigger mess. There are still some seats left in business for our flight but they are priced at £725 o/w, or £1300 return. What a nightmare!! Maxjet are selling proper business class for £800 return from Stanstead. Thanks for letting me have this rant.

Carnethy
1st Apr 2007, 16:44
Hi explorer

What exactly were the changes that were made to your flight?

RDM65
2nd Apr 2007, 21:18
Explorer,

Why would it be a bigger mess if you had upgraded to business class? :confused:

mm0wkj
3rd Apr 2007, 08:15
RDM65. I think what explorer is talking about is the recent changes GS have been making to their flights and sched a/c on routes without advising pax in time for them to make alternative arrangements. 767's with 50" pitch (that pax are paying a small fortune to get) are being swapped for 757's with 38" seats. PE seating in 767 not being available at all on the 757 and the fact that GS have yet to give accurate details to any pax that call them. Check out the other posts re GS on this and other forums and you'll see the uproar they are creating. I've stopped counting the pax that have cancelled and gone with outher airlines.

I can only presume that explorer has upgraded to Premium to get the additional legroom only to discover that GS have swapped the AC to a 757 that doesnt have PE seats.

gavin360
3rd Apr 2007, 10:03
EXPLORER50uk do maxjet fly to orlando??

jacksm
4th Apr 2007, 06:15
We booked business class flights with GS for a family trip to Stanford leaving Glasgow end April.

I found your site by accident and was alarmed at the thought of the seating being different to what we had booked.

I phoned GS who confirmed that the BC seating on the Glasgow Sanford route was now 38 instead of the original 50. We would also not have a seat back TV but would have a hand-held one.

They did not email me to advise of this change and said we would probably have found out on arrival at checkin.

Since then we have cancelled our flights with a full refund and rebooked with BA. The staff at the end of the telephone were very courteous about the whole fiasco.

Carnethy
4th Apr 2007, 09:11
This is getting really bad and sooner or later GSM are going to get a really bad name for themselves. I hope that once they have their full fleet of aircraft these problems will be solved. They must be losing custom hand over fist - I'd like to know the number of cancellations recently! How long can it go on?

I intend to do a review of my EDI-YHM flight in Premium Economy in May. I now believe PE seating is now the same as Economy. Not too bothered as I only paid about £20 more per seat but would have been very unhappy had I had to pay more!

Jet_stream
4th Apr 2007, 16:45
PE economy have extra room on the 767 only and it's 2 inches, PE is sold as an economy service upgrade seat ( meaning that service is upgraded ie meals, comp bar, comp headsets and higher luggage allowance... it hasnever been advertised as extra legroom on the YHM, JFK and BOS flights. The legroom on the 757 which will be used for YHM in economy is very comfortable. On the 738 that will be used for BOS there will be 120 seats.

jetset23
4th Apr 2007, 18:50
I have booked bc for september i rang gs to see what aircraft will be on the flight girl said a b767 up till now so are their some days a b757 and others a b767.I fly on a thursday?

explorer50uk
5th Apr 2007, 10:54
Thanks for all the replies, sorry I did not respond sooner, I realise that the extra pitch in PE was only 2 or 3 inches but the point is that we were charged 90 pounds for that. They told me that there is still a "PE service" ie. food and drinks, who is going to drink £70 of drinks? supposing I deduct £20 for the meal. As said before the girl on the phone was very nice and most helpful. I have now cancelled our flight and rebooked, actually at a better price. It also means that we now fly in to Orlando International and we have added an extra day on to our holiday with a night in NY!!!! The explanation mm0wkj gave about the BC mess is correct. I can only say that had I booked a BC I would be furious.

explorer50uk
5th Apr 2007, 11:07
Just checked F?G site the economy is full, only 4 BC seats left, still selling at top price £705 one way, and 4 PE selling for £275 (these are probably the ones we cancelled)

Wonder if they are telling people that the BC seat pitch has changed??

webby1919
5th Apr 2007, 14:09
Although there must be people cancelling, it dosn't seem to be having too much of an effect on the sales - a lot of flights are close to sold out and are selling really well. Hear that NOC flights are selling fast too!!

mm0wkj
6th Apr 2007, 21:51
Webby1919

Yeah but how many pax on those flights know about a/c changes?. Not all have accessed the forums and watched whats been going on. Wonder how many of those will be well miffed when they find the seat pitch has changed when they get on the plane?. :*

A high percentage of Business and PE pax who have tried to get info from GS following the changes to the wording on their web site and magically shrinking seats havent been convinced with the explanation and have made alternative arrangments. Luckily those are the fortunate ones who have been surfing the net and discovered they are not alone and also chased the info early enough to make those alternate arrangments.

I've recently been mailed by 2 pax from the 1st GS 757 slight to SFB from GLA who were not told the seat pitch had been reduced or that the a/c would have to stop for fuel in Bangor until they checked in.:mad: They booked over 3 months ago so GS had plenty of time to tell them. They told them about a time change but nothing else. Bit ecconomical with the truth there me thinks.:= Or are upper management simply telling staff to keep quiet so they dont loose more customers?:oh:

Anyway, GS have had enough calls to make them aware that pax are not happy being messed about. hopefully they will take note and learn from it.

lplsprog
9th Apr 2007, 09:22
Had a friend travelling LPL to TFS and he said there were several PAX who had not been told that it was going via STN, one person who he spoke to had specifically asked for direct flights and had been assured that it was. He found out at check-in!
This is not the way to win friends or get repeat business and I think they will suffer for it.:=

GW76
9th Apr 2007, 11:09
The term direct is correct even with a stop so long as you dont have to get off the aircraft. A simple review of the FlyGlobespan website reveals ALL routings for flights including the flght in question. Perhaps some web based research prior to departure if there were concerns about getting a "direct" flight, may have avoided any upset.

GSM SCOT
9th Apr 2007, 17:15
When anyone was booking these flights it was clear on the booking page that it went via STN as it had a red 1 in the stops column, which told you where the stop was.

If anyone didn't know the flight stops off in STN it was because they didn't look at the site correctly or because there travel agent gave them the correct information not Flyglobespan.

point5
9th Apr 2007, 19:36
This must be like when I booked my LPL-JFK flight and it said direct with no red '1' in the 'stop' column. Silly me thought it actually meant direct. It was only 4 months later the red '1' was put on the website stating it was via Knock.

RDM65
9th Apr 2007, 20:24
So, let me get this straight. Although I reserved a seat, business class on a direct flight with 50" seat pitch several months ago. Globespan might change any of these details at a whim and not inform me? Is this legal??
Whenever I call them I have had reasurances that flights in September are as I originally booked, can I trust them???

slightlyrestrained
9th Apr 2007, 21:59
Sorry to throw a slightly unrelated post into the mix, but I just had a peek at the BAA timetables on the Glasgow airport website, and it actually shows the Globespan flights to and from Vancouver as being operated by a 757-300.

I'm 90% sure this is a mistake on BAA's part, as I've not heard a peep about Globespan getting any 753s, and the plane wouldn't have the range to do this trip non-stop anyway, but it'd be mighty interesting if it did happen!!

Cheers
Rob

metalboymike
10th Apr 2007, 17:59
Any news on when the other two 757s are coming?

mm0wkj
11th Apr 2007, 09:08
GS dont even know that for sure . They are trying to get them but its not proving as simple as they thought.

gavin360
12th Apr 2007, 08:47
flyglobespan have flights on ther website now for the end 07 and beginning 08 gls-sfb and belfas -sfb with the comments on this forum and others they have some nerv!!

mm0wkj
12th Apr 2007, 12:02
Gav,

dont they just. did your see the delay yesterday?. Capetown - Man flight late so repos to GLA dalayed. flight finally left for SFB via BFS after 9pm after an aborted take off as well...
Wonder how long it will take them to recover the sched times with that beast now 8 hours late and no back up A/C??

diesel36
12th Apr 2007, 14:20
Of course they will put flights on sale, there is a lot of happy pax just
because a few on here got gripes with them doesnt mean everyone has.
And they are not trying to get 75,s there coming as were all doing our
icelandair courses, there is one running now. icelandair trainers are here..

yes the sanford was late but it will return on time tmrw morning,

God 1 delay for i dont know how long, :ugh:

mm0wkj
12th Apr 2007, 14:39
Diesel 36,

Take it you havent been one of the affected pax who have had...

flight times changed, a/c changed, seating changed, flight cancelled, no notice of change, advised of change at check in when the change was made weeks previous, so on a so forth.

Great news that they've had one delay in however many trips.

You mentioned the flight will return on time tomorrow. Can you explain where they hide their time machine?. As I type, the 767 on todays flight hasn't landed in BFS yet which should have left for GLA 6 hours ago.. It still has to get to GLA to pick up the pax from todays flight, turn round and fly to SFB today which will be 5-6 hours late at least(according to GS this morning) more like 7-8 hours. Then depart SFB (late) and get back to GLA before a repos flight tomorow.

Latest sched from Sanford is the GSM726 flight tonight, to arrive in GLA tomorrow has been delayed with no new departure time posted

Unless GS are schedulling another a/c to be in SFB to leave on time tonight how can they shave off 8 hours on a 2 hopper to have the a/c in GLA on sched tomorrow morning??. If they do have a replacement, why isn't it in GLA now taking the pax to SFB?. And what is the the next hop for the 76 that's going to be late in tomorrow?.

Re the 75's. Are these coming from a recently defunct Canadian outfit, more from Iceland or another source?. If you know where and what they are, please tell.... Lots of people waiting for that info including a few who 'Know' and dont know anything about these a/c

If they have a replacement, let us know what it is please.. The world awaits.

Oh, and one more thing as you appear to know whats going on. whats the news on the Neos 767's. Are they coming, when and what refit is sched?

edit 20:46 April 12th. GSM 725 left at 20:11 pm due to arrive SFB 11:30pm (local) only 9.5 hours behind sched. GSM 726 Sched to depart at 1AM, (local) 5.5 hours behind sched. 5 hour time diff so GLA time at departure will be 6AM. Its supposed to be in GLA at 08:30 so SFB to GLA in 2.5 hours in a 767..... Last I checked, 767's hadnt been fitted with solid rocket boosters and wern't thermally or aerodynamically suited to supersonic flight... :ok:

Edit 09:08 April 13th. Hey Diesel36, what happened to the on time arrival this morning you mentioned. ETA 15:10 today instead of 08:30. Thats 7hrs 40 mins late to me and anyone else who can tell the time.

point5
12th Apr 2007, 16:03
Anyone know whats wrong with B763 G-CDPT? It has been in the BA hanger here at EGLL for a few days. Air India have been using old B743s in its place.
Thanks.

http://www.heathrowpictures.com/pictures/images/picturegallery_aic_b763_gcdpt.jpg

Wodrick
12th Apr 2007, 16:52
As they were scouring the planet last weekend for an engine change kit, may I suggest an engine change ? (non-scheduled)

timboab
12th Apr 2007, 17:04
Hello everyone, new to this so be gentle! With reference to Globespan GLA-SFB does anyone know what the problem has been with the flight the past 2 days? It seems desperately late. I was under the impression (Possibly the false impression mind you) that when they first started this schedule they were almost always on time. What is the problem nowadays? Many thanks.

gavin360
12th Apr 2007, 17:27
timboab
i have been bfs-sfb three times now and it has never gone on time its normal for it to be at least 1 hour late departing belfast the longest delay i had was 4 hours on the 31st jan 07 but that being said the problems are with management not the flight crew i think the service, food and the whole experience good i hope they get sorted out cos it it aint busy yet!!

Diesel36 the first week of feb the flight was 20 hours late because of some window problem if you look on other fourms you will see lots of people that are p1ssed with the lack of info as i said i think the service is great and the crew but you need 2 see it from the pax point of view who paid have good money for 34 inch in pe and 50 inch in biz !

Bodjit
12th Apr 2007, 19:48
Why use 0870 to contact GS... use www.saynoto0870.co.uk and get the STD numbers. May help all you info seekers :)

0131 4667609- Reservations Admin

0131 4411388- Admin General enquiries

0131 4667615- Amending Bookings.

Great site gives alts for nearly any 0870 number :ok: :ok:

0u812
12th Apr 2007, 20:39
Hi

Have just cancelled my flights this morning and got a full refund and booked elsewhere was due to go in 4 weeks or so to Sanford

Alarm bells rang when the seat pitch was removed fom website and the flight times were changed(I was notified by email) then a couple weeks later my seats were changed(no email)I contacted F/G and they expalined about the a/c change which I was still ok but decided to do a bit of web research.Searched this and many forum and review sites and after carefull consideration contacted F/G again and voiced my concern and they offered full refund(without me asking) which I called back and accepted this morning.

Each time I called,the phone was answered promptly and the staff were open and friendly.

I genuninely do not think there is any alterior motive as maybe hinted on this or other sites I just think there has been one huge logistical mistake or error or promise or something that has fallen through and they are doing there best to rectify.
At the end of the day like everyone else I have very limited time off and need to keep to schedule as much as possible outside chance maybe delay so therfore gone elsewhere.

I would def consider using globespan in the future they have been let down some where along the line but I am sure they will learn from it and come good in the future

I hope this makes sense and if I have offended anybody sorry that was not my intention

timboab
12th Apr 2007, 21:45
Many thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be more reliable, a direct flight from glasgow to Sanford is great for Scotland, I hope they get their act together-I see there is another major delay tonight-Estimated arrival in Saford, 0020HRS -Ouch!!!!

TechProblem
13th Apr 2007, 20:41
GSM 101 to YYZ, went about 4 hours late today.
This was due the the backlog caused by the Capt on the outbound GSM on Monday.

Should be arriving 3.5 hours late back for YYZ, which wont casue a problem with the CPT < (altought has that finished now?)

Either way im not to sure GSM have made any money from leasing there a/c to Air india, mainly becasue of all the lost bookings and upset pax.
Also there huge delays due to the fact they were running one a/c and would not sub there flights out.

Getting Noes and 757's to do the route's is, in my view, a bad move. :=

Why not scrap it all and use there own a/c ? :rolleyes:

GSM SCOT
13th Apr 2007, 21:08
No one knows what deal GSM got for the air india deal so how can anyone say that they don't think GSM have made any money out of it.

There have been some delays but thats what happens in aviation, very airline gets delays at some point.

Neos hasnt even started yet and its already a bad move according to some.

GSM have lost some booking yes but the Sanford is selling better this year than it did last year.

If you dont like GSM then fly with another airline, there is plenty out there to choose from.

timboab
14th Apr 2007, 00:18
What are 'Neos'???

alangirvan
14th Apr 2007, 00:56
If you do not mind waiting five years or so, you will be able to fly from Prestwick to an airport some where not too far from Orlando in a Ryan Atlantic B787. (Melbourne, FL perhaps?)

GSM SCOT
14th Apr 2007, 07:34
Neos is a scheduled and charter passenger airline based in Milan in Italy. Its main base is Malpensa International Airport, Milan, with hubs at Bologna Airport (BLQ) and Verona Airport (VRN), Verona.

They are supplying GSM with two 767-300ER aircraft for the summer session.

webby1919
14th Apr 2007, 13:43
B752ER is now in full livery - specially for the LPL-JFK flights.

Looking good ...

http://web2.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5956512&nseq=0

Mr Angry from Purley
14th Apr 2007, 18:32
mmowkj
its quite a common occurance in charter / come scheduled airlines operating long haul, that once a delay occurs particularly over a weekend that they never catch up until mid week when a break occurs in the flying programme.
On double drop flights some airlines use smaller aircraft to fly the pax say GLA-BFS (outbound pax to SFB) then BFS-GLA (with inbound delayed pax ex SFB) to catch up time. If desperate some airlines will miss out stops and coach the pax, ie. SFB-GLA-MAN aircraft routes SFB-MAN direct
Clearly if an airline has spare aircraft then they may substitute, or hire aircraft in. These days unlikely due cost.
All airlines suffer from these sort of delays i'm afraid :\

metalboymike
15th Apr 2007, 12:35
So I guess that 75 will eventually make its way down ro LPL in May?

mm0wkj
16th Apr 2007, 11:51
Hi Mr Angry, thanks for that. I knew they would catch up but was trying to point out to Diesel36 that his info was wrong. He quoted that it would be back on sched the next day which, as you now know it wasnt.

BTW, GS were still asking pax to turn up on time for the late departure even though they knew it would be at least 7 hours late.... Are they on commission with the shops in GLA airport?

TightSlot
16th Apr 2007, 13:28
Thread now closed at request of thread originator