PDA

View Full Version : Internet World v Real Fake World

Shorehambythesea
14th Mar 2007, 10:31
Ok here it is.

My life in the so called real world was great for the past 4 years i worked at the airport people smiled and were helpfull. Now i have had a blow from the internet which has made me think.

These people i say hi to online dont have to reply like in the real world, and to my surprose they dont reply not even to "hi you like travel if you want to join this website it's great. i do this blablabla etc."

I sent maybe 30 emails just saying hi nice profile or giving helpfull info. But not one replied.

Now is this internet myspace just the real world showing their true colors that they dont like speaking to people.

That they only want to speak to others where they can get further up the social ladder.

In the real world they only speak to people because it makes the working day run smoothly.

It's just this myspace thing that has got me confused as to why people dont reply.

How in the real world can i tell the difference between people that use others to the caring ones for no social benefit?

Dolley
14th Mar 2007, 11:13
Don't take something like this to heart!

People are generally nice so when you say 'hi how are you' they answer.

An email, however nice it may be, is not a personal contact. It's not that people are unfriendly but an email will never be regarded like a personal contact. Plus most people won't bother writing an email if they don't have anything 'important' to say, and 'thanks for your email' is just not classed as 'important' in peoples mind. Plus they might not want to hurt you because maybe they are just not interested in the website you mentioned or whatever. If they don't know you they might even suspect spam or junk behind your efforts...

Only advice I can give you, don't take it personal or to heart. Concentrate on the real world and the personal contact you've enjoyed so far :-)

Shorehambythesea
14th Mar 2007, 11:49
Thanks, that's what i think and hope that it's true:) , i mean i try to look at the people who for example, you see them at the corner of your eye and they dont think youy saw them yet they sout to you because they want to say hi and not because you eyeballed them. They are the good type but you cant always be in that situation where you can tell some said it for a good motive.

Anyway i need to get back into the real world in a job with people :p

TightSlot
14th Mar 2007, 14:54
There's an emotional incontinence to this thread that leads to me not being terribly surprised that strangers don't respond to your apparently unsolicited emails.

Whatever - it certainly has nothing to do with Cabin Crew - kindly gush elewhere!!