PDA

View Full Version : Keeping current?

XL319
13th Mar 2007, 22:49
Could someone please advise how often i must fly in order to keep current as I havent been flying since December. Any help would be great

Glasgow_Flyer
13th Mar 2007, 23:17
...does it not on your local rules - which may be driven by insurance requirements.

For example - my current club you must fly at least every 60 days to keep current (which was the same as my last club, although I have heard of other places with a 28 day rule).

This is of course a side from the requirement to complete 3 landings within 90 days of taking passengers (and the 12 hours in the year leading up to your licence renewal date of which 6 should be P1 and 1 should be with an instructor).

I'm sure someone else will give a better answer - I'm knackered as I write this!

foxmoth
14th Mar 2007, 09:16
Legally you can jump into an SEP aircraft and go flying as long as you have a valid licence with medical and your SEP rating is in date. As already said, you need to have done 3 landings in the last 90 days before taking passengers (depending on when you flew in December you may just be in date for this). Also as mentioned there may be club rules that are stricter than this - and no matter what the rules say there is also the wisdom of jumping in by yourself if you are out of practice.:=

davidatter708
14th Mar 2007, 09:21
My club is 28 days very annoying especially with holidays when I have 2 weeks away and then lots of usual english c**p weather
David