PDA

View Full Version : Rejoining - question on MES

TheHogwartsBEngO
13th Mar 2007, 12:03
After leaving the RAF Eng branch last summer, I'm thinking of applying to return (this time on a PC not SSC).

I have a query on my MES though: During my service I reported on two occasions to the Med Centre a bout of Hayfever (itchy eyes, sneezing) - which I tend to get in early summer (May) only. This was treated successfully both times with a course of one-a-day anti-histamene and a nasal spray.

otherwise I'd always kept A4 G4 Z1 (If that's correct for a groundie).

Will the hayfever affect my MES and hence any chance of returning? (not forgetting of course that I am a gravel-crunching blunty ex-EngO)

glum
13th Mar 2007, 12:14
Doubt it, I've had hayfever my whole life and I got in OK.

Plus the fact we're so desperately short of manpower, you'l be welcomed in with open arms - by the one person not on duty of course...

What the hell has gone wrong outside that you want to rejoin though?

Seldomfitforpurpose
13th Mar 2007, 12:15
Hay fever is not your issue, I suspect there are a whole raft of mental issues that will need adressing..................I mean you already left the RAF and you want to re join :eek:

I really think you need to seek some counseling young man, QUICKLY :(

TheHogwartsBEngO
13th Mar 2007, 12:17
Thanks Glum.

what's happened is Mini-BEngO is on the way and I took a 4 grand pay-cut.

Plus I've found that I detest the money-grabbing antics of the civvy world - I've only got so many pounds of flesh left to give!

WhiteOvies
14th Mar 2007, 11:02
A friend made the same jump out of the Navy, it took about 6 months at QQ to change his mind and he rejoined. The only prob may be that all the RAF chaps around my purple place of work have been told that the RAF Eng Branch is overmanned and needs to shrink. Not sure how that fits with all the gaps but it came from a 2* so it must be true. :rolleyes:
All the jobs going to BAE/RR?:hmm:

4Foxtrot
14th Mar 2007, 11:09
"RAF Eng Branch is overmanned and needs to shrink"

Not if you join the dark side... mwa ha haa! :}

TheHogwartsBEngO
14th Mar 2007, 11:32
I've had a nod and a wink from one in the know that there would be a seat for me if I came back.

Although Eng branch needs to shrink - it shrank too much in the wrong places when they forced all those on time-ex SSCs to go. Apparently that, along with tranche 3 redundancy, has left them short of youngish JOs with 2 or 3 practical tours under their belt to man the DLO/DPA posts. The JO plot is a bit too heavy on those fresh from trg.