PDA

View Full Version : GB(BA) In flight ent?

albiej
13th Mar 2007, 08:47
Hi, two questions from me I'm afraid.
I'm due to fly with GB (BA) lgw- pfo on Easter Monday (09/04),firstly can anyone update me on the possibility of strike action or not? I understand a vote took place in February.
Secondly, I am travelling with my two young children,can someone help with info on inflight ents and meals etc.? From what I can gather IFE can be hit or miss and catering could be BA deli...Many thanks.

Michael111
13th Mar 2007, 19:50
Hi

I used this route in August last year and I was very happy with the service. Travelled with the wife and 2 kids aged 6 & 9. The IFE was films outbound and return but not kids films, the progress map was on at other times and this good for the "are we there yet" questions. They sold the earphones on board but iPod ones seemed to work as well. We took a portable DVD so kept the kids amused that way.

The food and drinks service was fine, I pre booked kids meals online at ba.com prior to departure. The Aircraft was an Airbus 321 which looked like it was not more then a couple of months old so everything spotless.

I am going down again in July so hopefully things will be the same (or better)

Michael

jack_essex
14th Mar 2007, 19:04
I flew with GB Airways (BA) in last month from LGW - TFS. The flights were great on very clean modern A321 aircraft. On the outbound flight we were served a very good hot English breakfast and then coming back another very good hot meal and a full bar service. The offered two drinks as they did not want to disturb the passengers later as it was a 22.50 departure. The IFE consisted of a film first, and then a series of other programmes such as Friends, The Simpsons etc.

We were flying the week after the threat of BA cabin crew strike action so were worried about cancellations. We recieved numerous letters from GB Airways saying that in the event of stike action by BA then there would be no distuptions to GB Airways flights.

I would deffinately fly with GB Airways again so am confident in saying you will have very good flights.

Jack

No longer ATC
21st Mar 2007, 14:14
Last time I travelled LGW_PMI there was no IFE at all...has this changed ? We are travelling in July.....

Final 3 Greens
21st Mar 2007, 15:06
No longer ATC

There was no IFE last week, between LGW and MLA or as you are ex ATC should I say EGKK and LMML ;)