PDA

View Full Version : Crazy chinnok "ship" impression

alfred_the_great
12th Mar 2007, 17:58
To the pilots of the Chinnok operating off Portsmouth/Hayling Island this afternoon,

Thank you for adding interest to a terminally dull afternoon of mine-hunting (at 1kt) by your best boat impressions; far better than our plastic warship's helicopter impressions! All of us in St Helens Roads and near Nab Tower were very impressed, please feel to call us on Ch 16 when you're doing it again!!

Al

spindrier
13th Mar 2007, 19:17
Dear Al, the boyz would love to chat but HRH has not supplied our beast with the relevant bit of kit.

nic_from_rae
11th Apr 2007, 11:04
Glad I am not the only one who enjoys the constant low passes of the thundering Chinooks. I am in Fareham (looks like a Lynx doing similar as I write this entry) so hear them all the time. I miss the Police Islander buzzing around at 2am so the pilot can get his night hours up...urm I mean monitor Sainsbury's for Grannies pinching shopping trolleys.

snapper41
11th Apr 2007, 13:02
Mine-hunting off Porstmouth?? In 2007??? Is there a rogue Kriegsmarine element still mining the approaches, refusing to accept that it was all over in '45? I think we should be told!