PDA

View Full Version : BA transfer to SQ at LHR

crud12001
12th Mar 2007, 13:10
Any one any advice for me?.

I am going to Singapore from Aberdeen via LHR on Wed.

The last three times i have done this I dont get my SQ tckt in Aberdeen because they dont have a desk there and BA wont issue.

So i cannot go through Flight Connections to get fro T1 to T3.

I have to go through arrival and out side then walk to T3.

Any advice appreciated

LB1985
12th Mar 2007, 13:45
Presumably you'll have to claim your bags in T1, then head to T3 landside, and check in with SQ there?

PAXboy
12th Mar 2007, 14:33
I hope you have enough time. From leaving the a/c (actually stepping off it) at T1 to reaching the SQ check-in, I would allow a minimum of 30 minutes but it could take 45. The fastest route is to walk through the tunnels. Above ground only works if you have a hand case and you know the route (and it's not raining!!)

Once you have your bag, go down the escalators to the ground floor and then follow signs to the TUBE and Paddington Express, which is down again. The rail terminal is situated in the middle (approx) and each terminal has a tunnel that is 'spoked' into the rail 'hub'. You will reach the Tube entrance - then follow the signs for T3 away from the Tube. You might want to look up www.heathrowairport.com (http://www.heathrowairport.com) and look at the terminal maps to familiarise yourself with the route. The interactive maps can be good (but not always because they are put there by BAA!)

If your bag has wheels, then you should be fine but keep moving!! If time is tight, don't wait for lifts as they are usually full and people push the buttons at random - use the stairs. How long the queue at SQ and then 'security' will be is down to the way the tea leaves fall.

apaddyinuk
13th Mar 2007, 15:10
BA are unable to print boarding passes as SQ dont interlink the IATCI (ability to checkin between different airlines) systems to allow it.

Its actually a lot quicker to walk than to go through Flight connections in my experience anyways. Best way is to go down to the Heathrow Express Station level and walk from the T1 end to the T3 end...its a straight walk and only takes about 5 minutes even with a trolley!!!

PAXboy
13th Mar 2007, 16:43
Many thanks for that tip apaddyinuk.

crud12001
13th Mar 2007, 16:55
Thanks Guys,

shame i cant go through flight connections though,i even printed off an ETicket and they still wouldnt let me.

While im on the LHR subject,do you know what the story with the BA Arrivals Lounge in T1?.

if i arrive early morning from overseas i usualy go to the lounge cause they serve a good breakfast.But what a lot of hassle getting in!.
even though i am a Gold Card holder and even if im travelling BA in Club or 1st.

What are the rules?

apaddyinuk
13th Mar 2007, 17:05
Crud,
If you are travelling First or Club you automatically get entry to the lounge, thats what its there for. Just make sure you have your boarding stub ready for inspection. You wont be allowed in if you are travelling another airline!

If you are having difficulty getting in as an inbound BA passenger then you need to report the staff member involved as it sounds like they are not doing their job!

The_Banking_Scot
18th Mar 2007, 21:32
Hi crud,

As a BA Gold card holder you are entitled to use the arrivals lounge when coming off a long haul BA flight in any cabin ( even Y)- if not a Gold Card holder then you have to be in Club or First. I think also if you are on the early morning Moscow flight you are allowed in.

Regards

TBS