PDA

View Full Version : JPA and PVR/Resigning = -50% Flying Pay

The Apprentice
11th Mar 2007, 23:30
Is it me or is the original "no one will be disadvantaged by JPA" gone out of the window.

If we sign off/PVR/Resign once JPA is in we get a 50% discount to our flying pay. Yes I understand why retention pay, etc etc.

Did the rules not used to be down one category. If you are on enhanced rate it is now -£20 a day ! Going down a category was only £6 a day. BIG DIFFERENCE.

I guess I can`t afford to loose £600 a month so I will have to stay in. Now it is a retention bonus !

toddbabe
12th Mar 2007, 08:40
simmilar thing happened with the flying pay criteria, qualification for high level fp used to be 18 yrs reckonable service now it's 18 yrs including 9 as aircrew! :*

Wrathmonk
12th Mar 2007, 13:16
Not wishing to be a overt supporter of JPA (or too pedantic) but surely the changes came about as a result of the introduction of the Tri-Services Pay and Allowances policy and not the system aka "that ***ing JPA". Therefore, the statement

no one will be disadvantaged by JPA

probably / possibly still holds true.

Apart from those who are owed money, paid at the wrong rate etc.

The Apprentice
13th Mar 2007, 23:13
That will be the same JPA related adjustments that have destroyed morale amongst our aicrew costing them £7,500 for four years and the same one that gave the RAF and Navy senior officers £50,000 and Army equivalents zero.

Now thats real joint !

LFFC
14th Mar 2007, 00:01
JPA certainly has its faults, but I don't think you can blaim it for policy decisions. Sadly, the wheels took the easy (and cheaper) route and went for an FRI instead of addressing the real problems; I suspect that they will pay the price now. It's really very sad - there were certainly enough warnings in this forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254940) about the divisiveness of another FRI. :sad:

22/7 Master
14th Mar 2007, 10:49
Within the RN there are 22 eligible for the SO2 pilot's FRI. I know of 3 who intending PVRing at or close to IPP and the announcement has not swayed them. There are probably more.

OTOH amongst the creche there is a large and growing number who have already stated that they intend to leave after their ROS post OCU. Reading the AFPRB report it seems that this is considered acceptable due to continued gains to the trained strength. I can't blame them, cultural attitudes have changed, pay diminished in comparison to mates in civvy st and promotion is, on average, 4 years later than for a seaman officer, engineer or pusser - plus they have seen it, done it (TELIC, repeatedly) and are sick of doing it again. The loss of FRI1 will be a major push factor.

What concerns me is that we will shortly have an experience hole at the senior Lt level as we did post the busy period of GW1/Op HAVEN/NI and early Bosnia when PVR went through the roof. Flight commanders went from normally an SO2 to 3rd tourist to second tourist to new second tourist very rapidly.

But I suspect it will be all OK when the AAC move en mass to the RN and RAF to both continue flying and gain an FRI!