PDA

View Full Version : JPA- 'Positive' Audit?

advocatusDIABOLI
11th Mar 2007, 22:26
Folks,

I've just been 'pinged' for a JPA Audit, and have duly sent off the form, reciepts and bills etc. I wonder, if I haven't claimed for something I could of....... would they tell me?

I would like to think, that once they are in possesion of the original hotel bill, dinner receipts, fuel receipts and coffee receipts, that they would be able to 'Audit' my claim fully....... slamming me in jail if I've claimed 1p too much.... or......... letting me know if I could have claimed an extra £20!!

Any experiences? Has ANYONE, been audited 'Positively'?

Regards,

Advo

Wannabe1974
11th Mar 2007, 22:32
Oh dear! I don't envy you.
Lets just hope you're not 1p over because unless you're a member of the cabinet in your spare time (I'm thinking about Blunkett's travel fraud affair), you're going down!
I wonder if you claimed that you had misplaced some receipts you would just have to re-pay the amount concerned or would they actually send you via the disciplinary route. I would imagine that it would be pretty hard to prove fraud in such a case? Maybe someone can enlighten me?
Good luck!

advocatusDIABOLI
11th Mar 2007, 22:40
Wannabe,

1 in 5 JPA claims are routinely audited..... I just don't make many, as I rarely get out........

Advo

(Advo- JPA Audit Virgin)

Backwards PLT
12th Mar 2007, 07:31
HaHaHa. Good one, advo. Nearly sprayed my monitor with my morning coffee. Tell you if you are entitled to more!! Funny, very funny.

On the bright side I am always getting audited and never had a problem!

Pontius Navigator
12th Mar 2007, 07:44
Had a travel clerk (civvie) at ISK's companion statement who said I had underclaimed for travel to a railway station. I had not claimed the journey Mrs PN made home or to collect me a few days later.

Checked QRs, sure enough the double journey was mentioned but specifically for airports. No sweat, this star then went back through my claims for the previous 3 years, including at ISK, and we re-submitted.

Not content with that, she then recalled the years 4-6 from archives and we worked through them as well.

A star.

Mr-Burns
12th Mar 2007, 15:44
Dear All,

I am currently serving 12 years in Colchester for claiming for a meringue instead of a cream slice at Rownhams service station last November. So there is no such thing as a positive audit.*

* This is a lie I'm afraid - I'm just bored.

SirToppamHat
12th Mar 2007, 18:24
I am given to understand that, during these early days at least, if you are unable to produce receipts, you may be required to pay the money back, but on the other hand if you are prepared to self-certify, you may get away with it.

JPA doesn't exactly make it clear what you can or cannot claim for - neither is it easy to see from the forms exactly what information they want in support of the claim. Unless there were gross over-claiming, I suspect any Brief worth their salt would tear any prosecution case to pieces based on the current 'guidelines'.

Incidentally, my first ever JPA claim was called forward for audit and have never seen the paperwork since, so if I am audited again I have no records of my expenditure. ISTR this included an empty sandwhich packet as I was beeing particularly wary of the new system and didn't actually believe they wouldn't demand a receipt for items <£5. I believe this may no longer be the case at some units ... anyone clarify this?

STH

Stuff
12th Mar 2007, 20:00
Not having receipts after audit shouldn't be a problem as once you have been audited it's the responsibility of the auditor (normally the T&S budget holder) to keep your receipts for the mandatory period.

Don't fancy the smell of the filing cabinet with your 5 year old foosty sandwich wrapper in it.

SirToppamHat
12th Mar 2007, 20:02
Don't fancy the smell of the filing cabinet with your 5 year old foosty sandwich wrapper in it.

I love it when a plan comes together ... it's not MY filing cabinet!

STH

Elmlea
12th Mar 2007, 20:07
What do I do when claiming for being sent to an airshow? The horrible burger vans don't give receipts, and when I asked for one from the sandwich girl at the aircrew tent she just handwrote one. Will that do?

Stuff
12th Mar 2007, 20:15
Press to test and find out. I would imagine it would be fine. Last time I looked at the regulations it said items under £5 should have a receipt. Note it says should not must so I read that to mean you must get one where practicable but they will apply a degree of common sense when you turn up without.

Ginseng
12th Mar 2007, 20:34
We have been around this particular buoy a few times before. JSP 752 has now been amended to remove the specific exemption on recepts for items up to £5, however it still recognises that there are situations where it is not practicable to obtain a receipt. It is rather vague, possibly to allow the auditor some discretion (since auditors are recquired to "interpret these regulations reasonably"). I am not an auditor, but if I were, I would think your un-receipted burger to be a reasonable claim in the circumstances, so long as you did not take it to extremes.

By the way, JSP 752 places no definition on what constitutes a valid "receipt" and what does not, so again it is left to the auditor's discretion. This may not sound very helpful, but actually allows a multitude of flexibilities if the auditor is "reasonable". Don't you just love those legal people!

Regards

Ginseng

L J R
13th Mar 2007, 05:21
I got a signed receipt on an airline inflight hand napkin recently. She didn't leave her phone number though!

Backwards PLT
13th Mar 2007, 08:38
The receipt situation, at least for me has gone like this:

Initially "receipt for everything". This was recognised as being unworkable/stupid so was changed to "No receipts for stuff under £5". This has now been changed to "receipt for everything, but if you cant get one then self certify". This seems very sensible and note the £5 thing no longer exists.

I got the impression that this was to be the same everywhere, but there do seem to be a lot of local procedures/local forms popping up.

Bladdered
13th Mar 2007, 08:42
I was positively audited 2 months after I had left - kind Registry staff at final unit sent the paperwork on to me - needless to say, I just never got round to responding;)

SirToppamHat
13th Mar 2007, 19:23
I spent an hour putting data into JPA today relating to spending a few days in a hotel last week. Despite saving it, it had vanished when I went back in and I didn't have time to repeat the exercise before the whole thing was due off for the Army Go Live. I am owed about £100, and NOT a happy bear!:mad:

STH

Seldomfitforpurpose
13th Mar 2007, 19:52
Surely you cant blame JPA for your own inability to input data STH :p

SirToppamHat
13th Mar 2007, 20:54
I blame JPA for having a user interface that is a complete pain in the @rse for anyone who has to do anything more than the most basic of claims. In addition, I would have thought that saving the inputs would have caused them to be ... wait for it .... saved! But, silly me, it was not to be, so I guess I'll be waiting another couple of weeks for the money.

I am not wholly against JPA, despite my personal experiences with this and my previous CEA debacle. When you do manage to get a claim in, it is usually paid into the bank very quickly, but I live in fear of making an error that will will see me in front of a GCM at Colchester!

I seriously doubt the ability of this system to cope with the Army in terms of the volume of inputs, even if the users can get to grips with it (assuming also that they can get access to a PC!). However, worst of all is that JPA hasn't yet completely sorted its existing issues, and bringing the Army in at this stage just seems premature.

STH

Seldomfitforpurpose
13th Mar 2007, 21:09
STH,

My previous was made in jest and for the sake of your blood pressure I will make no more :eek:

Lomon
14th Mar 2007, 18:45
If you were putting claims on JPA yesterday, they won't be paid until sometime in April anyway, as the last date for claims before the Army came online was 12:00 on 12 March. (IIRC)

You also can't submit a leave pass now until April. Now who's was that bright idea, with Easter coming up, and the whole RAF and RN needing to submit leave passes. :ugh:

Kitbag
14th Mar 2007, 20:29
That must be another short notice Easter coming up, didn't realise that we have one every year. Don't you just hate all these new fangled Christian Religious festivals?

Perhaps a bit of forward planning in future?;)

startermotor
15th Mar 2007, 10:07
Not wishing to upset any Religious groups or open up a relgious debate, but i do find it very strange that we celebrate Jesus' birthday on th 25th December every year, yes he dies on a different day every year.

Tilliad
15th Mar 2007, 13:11
Bloody JPA..
Since the begining of January I have been away on training courses every week. Some involve hotel claims, some just involve Fuel expenses. Mid January i was informed by JPA that i had exceed my claim allocation. Now every single claim i make i get audited.. every one. The payments that used to take 3 days to be processed/paid now take 14days. I get audited for Advances,Expenses,etc, they ask for reciepts and documentation of the claim to be filed within 7days... this is sometimes upto 10days before i have even gone on the course.
New development, I put in a claim for the training course that i am currently on right now about 14 days ago, I phoned up JPAC on monday to see where my advance was, having not yet recieved it, to be told that for some reason the advance claim was showing a Negative figure. The helpdesk told me that it was possible that this was not a normal thing to happen. She assured me, however, that all would be fine and that it would be in my account on Tuesday. However she would raise a Query request. It is now Thursday. Nothing. Zip. I cann't get in touch with JPAC because I have been told that they are closed until the 28th of March. Only thing is, because my advance hasn't been paid and now won't be paid because JPA is offline, I cannt afford to pay for my 4 days hotel stay. I'm due to pay it tomorrow.....
oh ****.
Any suggestions?:{

advocatusDIABOLI
15th Mar 2007, 18:30
Not too much hope for my 'Positive Audit' Then.........:{

Trill, talk directly to your CO / Flt Cdr, BEFORE you get into money dwang! Best I can offer Chum.....:ok:

Advo

ZOFO
15th Mar 2007, 21:12
Evening All,

We had an informal questions and answers today across the Irish Sea with a "Few Stars" personage about Personnel etc....When one of my troops mentioned JPA he was informed that currently there are about 250 "Improvement Ideas" being thrown at the EDS Developers at the moment, I can only hope that this is 1-249 involves re-creating an Admin Clk's post at various units and 250 is to switch off the system for good. :p

Ah well apart from that its still raining on this Emerald Isle, and of course it is St Patricks day Fri :}

mayorofgander
15th Mar 2007, 23:15
Err. Paddy's Day is Saturday.:confused:

But enjoy Friday anyway!!!:ok:

MOG:cool:

Wader2
16th Mar 2007, 11:40
Heard a good one.

Trip 40 mile round trip from SSSA to Parent Unit Dentist. £10 and naturally no receipts.

Called for audit and required to attend Parent Unit - 40 mile round trip , , ,

Doh!