PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile Phone

Tosh McCaber
11th Mar 2007, 20:53
I am in the market for a new mobile phone and contract. I’m presently on a £25/mth. contract with Orange, (120 minutes inter-network free calls), and for a little extra, bought a Nokia 6680.

Unfortunately, I had to switch off the 3G, since it often (usually) went to answer phone on incoming calls. I know that two of my friends have had the same problem. I don't know if this was a fault in the Orange network, or 3G generally.

Can anyone recommend (or criticize) a phone to replace the Nokia? Also, has anyone got a good deal on a new contract?

bladewashout
11th Mar 2007, 21:28
Can't be bothered with 3G.

Vodafone do £20, 75 mins/mth, 250 texts + Stop-the clock (up to an hour at weekends costs only 1st 3 mins), plus free bluetooth car-kit.

We got a Nokia 6288 phone, seems pretty good.

I fall into the "it's just a phone" category, but this one was for my daughter, 13, who thought it was very cool, my wife thought so too so took the same deal!

BW

planecrazy.eu
12th Mar 2007, 16:02
Three have a few good deals at the moment, they have there #15 pound for life plan.

Thats 18mths contract, 15 per month, choice of some pretty recent phones with

- 500 Mins XNet (any operator) 250 messages

Cant really beat that, so far, they have been good for me, six months and not really a complaint, they beat the hell out of 02 for everything, Orange i have a softspot for, they have never let me down or messed me around, and so far three havnt either.

If you go to Phones for U, take advantage, tell them you;ll take it if you get the first month free or similar.

I took out a #45 per month package and ended up walking out Phones4U with half price for 6mths and #120 in cash they gave me.

Golden Ticket
12th Mar 2007, 20:27
I'm with 3 which uses the 3G network got a pretty good deal of 600 any network minutes and 1400
:eek: texts for £15 a month. I've not had any problems with 3G although you don't get the same coverage but it defaults to O2 and I've never had it cut out as it swapped over. All in all very happy with 3. Part of the deal was to have a recon handset which was a Nokia 6280. I'd never not have a Nokia now.

HandspringGuy
12th Mar 2007, 22:52
As long as you don't mind carrying a large phone I would recommend the Nokia N93. I also had the 6680 and the 3G image quality was lacking and I found the signal fluctuated quite a lot.

The N93 has a much richer picture in picture quality. It also doubles up as a camcorder and media player. I got it back in November from Carphone Warehouse. It was £150 on O2 but after a little bit of negotiating (i.e. He got fed up of talking to me) I had it for free.

I have had a lot of mobiles and I am very happy with this one.
The only real criticism is the size (this is mainly the size of the camera lense)
but I personally prefer a larger phone.

HSG:ok: