PDA

View Full Version : Printer Probs

homesick rae
11th Mar 2007, 09:14
Hi There,

Recently upgraded PC and have "successfully installed" my Olivetti Anyway Simple printer.

However, cannot print and Olivetti toolbox showing "no device detected." All the leads are in correctly....anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

HR

Cypherus
11th Mar 2007, 11:21
Not being able to find a Driver suite for this printer type the other day I can tell you outright that currently Ollivetti do not have a Vista Driver for it, but if your running 98 > XP the standard drivers supplied should work if loaded. And the correct install method as described in the supplied manual is followed.

Once installed when you plug the USB in the Plug and Play facility should locate it and load the drivers using the New hardware Wizard system, if not then it is obviously not seeing the printer for some reason or is ignoring it.

As you say you have just 'Upgraded' your computer I will assume you have loaded the mainboard drivers from the supplied disk, if not then you should do so, once done you may find the device is then installed. either way it is always good practice to go directly to any new device vendors website and download the latest drivers for it as those supplied on the install disc may be months or even years old even though you bought the device today.

To check if it is installed/Recognised but has a problem, open system properties, click the device manager box Then look under the 'Imaging Devices entry for your printer, if it is not there then reload the drivers and try conecting again, if it is there and does not have a yellow '!' next to it then the drivers are in and functional, look down the list towards the bottom for the USB options.
Any entry displaying a yellow '!' is having a problem, right click it select properties and read off the problem, use the troubleshooter or click the driver tab and reload or update the driver.

If USB Host controller and USB Root Hub are present then USB is enabled for USB .1
If an entry reading 'Standard Enhanced.........ect' is present then you have USB .2 also. if not it is worth looking out the USB.2 driver upgrade.

USB upgrade can be downloaded from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&DisplayLang=en

Other product specific USB.2 drivers can be found through this site:
http://www.usbman.com/Drivers%20and%20Patches.htm

Either case and the printer is not being recognised as present, uninstall the drivers, reboot and try a manual install of the device using the 'Add New Hardware' option in Control panel, have the driver disk ready as it will ask for it.

The latest drivers can be found here:http://www.olivetti.com/site/public/support.asp?sid=1&code=B935A
Just click the 'Download' option.

These drivers come as an ISO file and have to be burned to disc before they can be installed.

Cypherus
11th Mar 2007, 11:28
Sorry, just read your other post, No vista drivers for this one yet, going to be an ongoing problem for a long time for users upgrading to Bills new all singing and dancing Operating system and I believe our Skype will suffer the same result for a while though here the resolution should be a lot sooner in comming due to the money involved.

homesick rae
11th Mar 2007, 19:05
Jeez!

You are in Eastbourne???? So am I !!!

Old town!

How much?

Pint in the Lamb?

Cheers

HR