PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Aviation - Interview/Information PLEASE HELP

NewFlybie
11th Mar 2007, 00:50
Hi all

I have an up coming interview with Strategic aviaition (first time) and I would like to get some information on the following. I hope someone out there can help me! I would like to know the following

1. What is the interview process (i.e. individual, group etc)
2. How many interview process are there
3. What do Strategic ask ask at the interviews
4. What is the pay rates (touchy question to ask I know)
5. Where do they fly?
6. Who is the CEO

Yes I have checked out their website and also done alot of google searches for additional information but had little success. I know that they fly the airbus 330's and 747 aircraft (I think), and the site states they fly to over 80 destinations but I am haveing problems finding out where. I know the middle east is one place but does anyone know where else?

I hope you can all help me out there

Thank you all

Annie_o
11th Mar 2007, 06:27
one word to you......DONT DO IT!!!!! If you want a job where you are respected and valued as an employeer DONT GO TO STRATEGIC!! They are losing about 5-6 crew members a week, never get the pays right...I have about $3000 owing to me in wages that they "cant find in the system" (out of a base of 30) cabin crew...sexual harrasment and bullying is HUGE betwen crew and management does nothing about it coz they are too scared of fireing people as they'll have NO ONE left...From a safety point of you too its terrible...the pilots smoke in the Flight Deck and there are NO manuals and ground school goes for 3 days....its really shocking and basically an accident waiting to happen...on the 18 hr flights your entiltled to 2 hours crew rest sitting up right in a CHAIR...not even a bed...they put you in kuwait for 9 days then your home for 1 or 2 days then off again for 9 days ( which they will fail to tell you about in the interviews) We have had crew leave after 1 flight coz they are soooo shocked with the conditions....they dont opperate under CASA and they are owned and opperated by a Portugese airline ( hence the safety issues).....I urge you to stay away...
I am so glad I got out when I did....speak to other crew and they will tell you the same....

Good luck
Annie

ladyluck
11th Mar 2007, 10:53
Wow....that is really negative. I recently left the company, not for any of the above reasons but simply because its not the kind of company you need to stay at for a long time. They offer contracts on a 6 month re-newable basis and I found this to be more than enough. Personally I had a ball at the company, made some great friends and got to travel to places I'd probably never get a chance to. You're in a close proximity to book cheaper holidays to places such as Egypt, Dubai, Israel, Turkey to name just a few. Its a great opportunity to visit these places on your long trips in Kuwait.

Whilst Annie made the trips to Kuwait sound so terrible, you are being paid $100 US per night that you are away, you stay in a beautiful 5 star hotel and basically have a lot of free time to do basically whatever you want. I guess it depends on the sort of person you are and whether you will effectively utilise the time. Its a great time to buy a laptop and study a course by correspondance, go the the gym and get fit, buy and watch the latest movies for $2.50.....spend time with your collegues, hang out, shop whatever.

I found my six months enough to get everything I wanted out of the job. Its reasonable pay if you don't blow the whole thing on alcohol like most of the crew do......and whinge that they only have $20 until pay day. As for safety onboard, its pretty standard. Strategic used to only recruit ex-cabin crew which I think was a real asset to them, however they started to recruit newbies from Aviation Australia in Brisbane where most had never set foot in an aircraft. Thats when the accelerated training program starts to pose a problem. But they are all pretty switched on crew all the same and very friendly!

Pity Annie had such a rough trot. Anyway, I suggest to go for it. Its the cruisiest job I have ever had, almost like being on holiday for 6 months. The flying is fantastic as our passengers are every crews dream come true, yes there are a few issues as of late with new procedures that have been put in place regarding crew rest.....but undoubtedly those things are probably under scrutiny as we speak. Enough of this novel....and good luck.

Annie_o
11th Mar 2007, 14:02
I am not saying that it wasnt a good experiance etc and yeah have made some awsome freinds and yeah the money was good, but I couldnt put a price on my safety...just letting you know the truth...I think your kidding yourself by saying the safety is standard to other airlines, when our aussie pilots are all resigning at the moment over the lack of standards and procedures in the flight deck let alone in the cabin.....and after speaking with the pilots who have resigned, said that there flying licence is threatened by flying with the procedures (or lack of) that they have in place....a huge reason why I resigned and why many other crew have too...So i'm definetley not alone there.
The only reason why they stopped hiring experianced cabin crew is because they all know how an airline is supposed to run as far as procedures, duty times and traning goes and that these crew are leaving as fast as they came...the crew from aviation australia are just happy to fly as cabin crew hence why there turn over isnt as high as the experianced crew.
But this is only advice that I am giving and by no means take it as me saying not to go....but Iam really not alone on this and I guess the previous post was by someone who had been at the company for a very short time, because the things ive mentioned above really grow tiresome after a while...
All the best
Annie

Bla_Bla
18th Mar 2007, 00:02
newflybie
how did u aply for the position with strategic?
i have failed to find any info on the net !
good luck with ur interview.

ladyluck
18th Mar 2007, 22:49
How to Apply: Please forward applications, with supporting documentation (including resumes) to:

The Human Resources Manager
Strategic Aviation Pty Ltd on:

[email protected]
or fax (07) 33911151

Good luck!!!

Bla_Bla
18th Mar 2007, 23:08
thks lady luck !

NewFlybie
19th Mar 2007, 04:59
They advertised for Flight Attendants on seek.com.au back on 20/2. I don't know if they are still accepting applications or not but can always fax one to them.

Their website address is www.strategicaviation.com.au (http://www.strategicaviation.com.au)

Good luck