PDA

View Full Version : .ppp files

REF
10th Mar 2007, 18:06
I've just been sent some bits (that I am expecting!!) but they have come as .ppp files and my computer doesn't have anything that will open them, can anyone help??

Richard

Cypherus
10th Mar 2007, 18:22
Sounds possibly like a PAD-file or similar a format staedily making inroads into the shareware download market, normally requires the authorised software to decrypt the files and allow installation using the recomended installer package.

other options for a .ppp file are:

Serif PagePlus. Associated Program 'Serif'

Parsons Power Publisher Project file.

Point to Point Protocol.

Punk Production Picture. Associated Program 'XnView'

Picture Pump Project file.

Enfocus Preflight Profile.

Complete details can be found here:

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=PPP

REF
10th Mar 2007, 22:50
Speaking to the person who sent the pictures to me they were created as a pdf, but my adobe doesn't read them.

BOAC
11th Mar 2007, 05:33
Worth trying to save the attachments to disk, change the extension to '.pdf', RUN THEM THROUGH A VIRUS CHECKER and try again.

Cypherus
11th Mar 2007, 10:22
Adobe has a plethora of attachments and add-ons that often create tpye specific file identities that bear only a passing resemblance to a PDF file, one of the quirks of Adobe's longevity I suppose, one possible thing you could try would be to 'COPY' the files to either a seprate folder or disk and alter the files too read as PDF then try agian from that location, withouth knowing what your vendor actualy used to create the files other than the base program even the huge database of adobe is going to be hard pressed to provide a suitable solution.

It is possible to alter the default behavoir of Adobe reader in the way it handles file extentions though this does require a working knowledge of the registry. some details can be found here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=331371

REF
11th Mar 2007, 12:33
After much frustration I downloaded a page plus readder and that seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for the help anyway.