PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Airport Pickup.

wizo
10th Mar 2007, 16:42
I picked up some friends last week from T2 at Manchester airport, the usual pick up point has now been coned off, forcing people to park their cars at a cost of £1.80. Is this a security issue, or another way for Manchester Airport to make money ? Either way its a disgrace. :ugh:

TSR2
10th Mar 2007, 20:50
It is no longer possible to pick up passengers directly outside any terminal building at Manchester Airport.
This policy was implemented at Terminal 1 last December and obviously has now been introduced at T2.
All vehicles are now directed to the arrivals carpark where the parking charge has been reduced from £2.30 to £1.80 for short stay.
However, if £1.80 is considered excessive, you can always pick up your passengers on the road outside Departures.

MAN777
10th Mar 2007, 21:40
Or get them to walk to the station and pick them up there.

World of Tweed
10th Mar 2007, 22:03
Not entriely sure if this is correct guys.

But I understood that you could still be picked up at the curbside provided the car is not parked... i.e. you ring some one as you are out on the pavement for an immediate lift.

Certainly after work today at T2 people were being picked up the standard way.

At T2 you can still drop off in the same manner albeit there is no waiting.

wizo
11th Mar 2007, 08:43
My question is why ? It's nothing more than money raising, people should take a stand against this type of thing. I don't see it at any other airport in Europe. It may only be £1.80 but it's a hassle.

lplsprog
11th Mar 2007, 11:31
LPL does not allow pick-up outside the terminal either and it's been like that for a while, however they do allow 10min free parking in the short stay car park but you have to be organised so you don't run out of time. (10 min is not very long when picking up a few pax and cases):bored:

Curious Pax
11th Mar 2007, 14:34
Dunno about T3, but for T1/2 just get your pax to go to a level up to the departures level and collect them there for free.

wizo
11th Mar 2007, 16:54
Good idea I will do that in the future

bigelz1215
13th Mar 2007, 13:16
same pick up parking problems at t3 - i travel through it every week , it has been like that for a while now. I just ring my pickup when i have my bags and i am waiting at the drop off zone. I think it is just another scheme for your caring, customer friendly manchester airport to make more money. Why have people waiting for free when you can charge them !. Liverpool seem to have a much better scheme with their 10 minutes free parking. :ok: