PDA

View Full Version : Sterling looking for pilots

toffy
10th Mar 2007, 13:23
Have recently noticed that Sterling is on the hunt for pilots, and that they have removed their 1400 hours recuirement (great news!!!)
Offcourse they are most interested in typrated pilots, but they are also opening the possibility of non-typerated pilots to apply.

I am wondering though, do you first have to pay your 25000 Euro typrating, before you get yes or no on employment, or do they give you the job, and then send you off to be type-rated?

Does anyone out ther know how Sterling does this?

Toffy

PlaneHomerS
10th Mar 2007, 14:34
Fantastic, another airline i have not heard off that now is book marked for the future...pprune rocks..:p

If you are interested in attending such a course, do not use the application form below, but send a mail to [email protected] ([email protected]), describing initial training and total hours.

Why don't you do the above and find out :confused:

+Rock on

toffy
10th Mar 2007, 15:56
I have done so, and am av waiting for a reply. I am in the thrid week of waiting for that reply now...

I am the patiant kind of purson so I am not worried yet...

RYR-738-JOCKEY
10th Mar 2007, 16:49
Why not give them a call...? Either you're not desperate, or you're not very keen...But, on the other hand, who wants to work for them in the first place? The only reason I can see is that you may have OSL base.

Flyingstevie
11th Mar 2007, 10:36
Hey guys!

Last time I send an e-mail to TRTO Sterling (two months ago), I got an autoreply saying 'I'm out of the office from 01-06-2006 till 01-01-2010'. :}
But after reading this topic I tried again yesterday. We'll wait and see!

Kind Regards,
FlyingS

kilafaki
11th Mar 2007, 11:29
Hi toffy
Sterling is looking for people who wants to by a type rating with no job promise.
Entry requirements is not flying eksperience but money.

what appears to you as god news is actualy the opposite.

Kilafaki

toffy
13th Mar 2007, 17:34
Thank you everyone for good advice.

I am more then willing to pay for a rating if I am garanteed a job, but to spend 25000 Euros and end up without a job, that is a bit to risky I feel.

I don't understand why airlines can't have interviews, sim tests etc, tell their candidates yes or no, and then send them off to buy a rating. I think Norwegian do that. A pitty they demand 1500 hrs though...

Thanks again

Toffy