PDA

View Full Version : Commuting from Sai Kung

sally
10th Mar 2007, 03:56
Could anyone tell me how long it takes between the airport and Sai Kung?
What's the best way? Bus + MTR with changes?
Thanks for the info.

N1 Vibes
10th Mar 2007, 04:39
Bus + Bus up to 2 hours on a bad day, Bus + MTR a little better, maybe 80mins.

Most, sadly, have to run a car, though there is a company bus at 'office' opening hours.

Brgd's

N1Vibes

boxjockey
10th Mar 2007, 05:06
You can take the A41P from the airport to Ma On Shan plaza, then get the 299 to Sai Kung. Total trip time of less than 1.5 hours. You can also take MTR to Diamond Hill or Choi Hung, and then a mini-bus to Sai Kung. Probably more like 1.5 hours plus a little. Driving your own car is about 40 mins. I suggest taking a taxi and scrap the car. Should be about 200-250 each way, and you don't have to pay for parking. Hope this helps.

box

SMOC
10th Mar 2007, 05:22
As an S/O no problem most/all of your flights tie in well with the S8 (Company transport) takes about 1.5hrs, with an ipod, book or newspaper it's no worries. Plenty of lifts available too, once you get to know the other CX & KAs guys that live there, plus there's plenty of drop my car off so I can bring it back stuff as well, to save on parking for 4 days etc. Beats living in DB thats for sure. As an F/O most have cars, bikes as there is plenty of space in SK, but will often use the S8 again for the 4/5 day patterns.

sally
10th Mar 2007, 05:43
Thanks guys.
Not Cx or KA but HKE so would make the trip a lot more frequently. I think 1.5 hrs is a bit much regularly, so maybe DB is best option?
SMOC - you don't like DB?
Maybe Mui O is an option? What's the transport like between Mui O and DB if my kids school there?
Or is it feasible to drive from Sai Kung to somewhere cheap to park and take a bus/MTR from there, to cut down the journey time?
Thanks again for the help.

7FF
10th Mar 2007, 11:32
You could try car to the Airport Express Station at Tsing Yi where parking is relatively cheap and then the AE to CLK, HK$60 for a day return.
Depends where you live in the SK area and the time of day for travel as to the time of journey. Heard the best was about 25 mins. :eek:

asianeagle
11th Mar 2007, 12:43
If you have your own car and park at Car Park 1 outside the airport terminal, show them your Crew card ie ICAO card and its $80 for any time less than 24hrs. Might as well live life like you would at home and drive to work. Also, much nicer to live in Sai Kung:ok: