PDA

View Full Version : CHC global transfer between bases ?

voodoo2
9th Mar 2007, 20:54
I have a question. Lets say I get hired by CHC to fly from Dan Helder in the Netherlands. Now ... I really like to fly in a warmer spot on the globe like Thailand. What happens when you ask for a transfer. Do they frawn upon that or is it just the same? Do they expect you to stay at the base were you were hired for a predetermined time? Anybody know how that works?
Also, I cant seem to find information about an email adress to apply for Bristow, neither here at PPRUNE or their website. Anybody?
Heck.. might aswell keep asking.. 6000hrs CPL/IR (ATPL soon). 850 twin time. S61, B222, AS350/355. Need warm place ....without beeing shot at.
Thanks, voodoo2.

Camp Freddie
9th Mar 2007, 21:48
Dear Mr Voodoo2,

if you are hired by CHC nederlands, the you should expect to stay at CHC Nederlands, there is no movement generally between them for example and CHC UK even though both are within CHC europe.

the terms and conditions are different and the employer is considered to be different in practice.

if you want to go to thailand for example you would expect to have to resign and then apply to CHC global for a thailand slot.

basically you have to take the risk, maybe there will be more movement in future but there is very little now

regards

CF

malaprop
9th Mar 2007, 21:53
Most unlikely you'd go to somewhere nice without first having paid your dues somewhere nasty....

spinwing
9th Mar 2007, 22:58
Mmmm...

I am sure that if you asked really nicely (?) they would allow you to go to Nigeria ...probably on the next flight out!

:E

Perro Rojo
10th Mar 2007, 08:09
Voodoo2, what you are looking for is CHC Global Ops. The head office is in Vancouver. They are always looking for fresh fodder to send to Africa.

You will need an ATPL(H), IFR and night. You have the S61 so that's your ticket into CHC GO. You can forget Thailand or Malasia for awhile. You'll have to take your lumps first then you can get somewhere nice.

In reguards to your question about the transfers policy, there isn't one. Every tour is an adventure. You will be sent to a base for an indeterminate period and then before you even get comfy you are off to another one with minimal notice or you could stay at a base until hell freezes over or until you screw something up and they remember that you are there.

voodoo2
10th Mar 2007, 15:02
Thanks you guys for the info. I really appreciate it. Scheduled for an ATPL(H) skilltest in 2 weeks. I havent heard much from CHC except Den Helder. Guess they arent showing much interest until I get ATPL on the license.

voodoo2

Flapwing
10th Mar 2007, 15:19
most of us old time CHCers would agree that you do your time in the "penalty box contracts" like we all did... and only then may you end up in Malaysia, Thailand, etc.

unstable load
10th Mar 2007, 15:21
Voodoo,

It is not official policy but I have been told that they like you to stay in a place for 2 years before you get to move on in Global Ops. Having said that, if they need you somewhere in a hurry then you could be off at the drop of a hat.

Outwest
11th Mar 2007, 19:53
Thailand is the "penalty box":ugh:

unstable load
11th Mar 2007, 21:51
"Thailand is the "penalty box":ugh:"

That being the case, where do I commit my foul, and in front of who??

zebedee
11th Mar 2007, 22:20
Nice try Unstable, but I'm guessing it's too subtle for most, and in any case it would be awarded against you.
Zeb (aka pedantic sh1te!)

AB139engineer
12th Mar 2007, 00:14
What is wrong with Nigeria ? it is nice and warm !:ok:

rotorsailor2
12th Mar 2007, 07:17
No one has answered you about Bristow address. You can try [email protected], or for Nigeria [email protected].

sarbee
12th Mar 2007, 11:32
To quote senior management, ".... CHC Europe is one company with regard to employment and HR, all decisions are made in Aberdeen about transfer of personnel between bases..."

There is one gentleman who recently performed the Scotia-Global-Europe switch very neatly ensuring a promotion along the way which was very well handled. Sadly it would appear to be the exception rather than the norm and as others have pointed out, they'll want their pound of flesh first!

Good luck in your ATPL, and regards to all in Thailand!