PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing hotmails

crewmeal
9th Mar 2007, 17:41
Not sure what's going on with Hotmail but I have lost about 200 emails that have mysteriously disappeared. I found several in the junk and retrieved them but the rest have gone altogether. I am well below my limit so there should no problems with a 'full box'

Any one with any ideas? Can I configure mozilla thunderbird to accept all my hotmails, gmails & yahoo mail? If so how do you go about it?

Thanks in advance

Telstar
10th Mar 2007, 18:39
Sorry to hijack the thread but I had one of the very first Hotmail accounts around. I must have had it something the region of 10 years by now. Thought it was the dogs danglies at the time, when chat came along I fell in love with that. The Hotmail became so slow to load, loads of advertising, stupid graphics and about 5 times after spending 30 mins typing a long e-mail I would hit send and it would crash and loose my work. The final straw came when it started to limit how many address I could have in the CC or BCC lines.

Moving to Gmail was one of the best things I ever did. It's bloody brilliant. Jam packed with usefull features and a much cleaner, crisper user interface. All of which are intuitive to use. It has never let me down.

Dump Hotmail forever and just use Gmail. I had a look in my hotmail account recently for something I had archived and just couldn't believe how pants it is. It is horrid.

Rant over.