PDA

View Full Version : Virginblue-info for Wannabees

chickrefueller
5th Mar 2007, 18:54
I was after some info about working conditions at VB. I have been flying overseas with an international carrier and have just secured a CC position at VB based in Brisbane. I was told that there are around 10-15 overnights a month, although I was wondering how many days off you average a month? do you bid on a line? bid on days off? is there a system to swap or any flexibility etc? do you recieve a roster or bid on flights to make your own?? The company I previously worked for was fairly flexible...we worked a lot, but made our own roster and days off...just trying to understand what VB might like to work for....any info would be fantastic and hugely appreciated! :)

smile
5th Mar 2007, 20:06
HI Chickrefueller,

I wish I could answer your questions for you, however it is all up in the air at the moment.

If you check out the other thread on here named 'Virgin Blue' you may notice that we are currently going through our EBA negotiation. If the new one gets voted up then the current conditions will change significantly. I suggest having a quick look through the last few pages of that thread to get a little bit of an idea about the proposed EBA, or maybe contact the FAAA for a copy of the current EBA. (not sure, but they may be able to help you)

Anyway, welcome onboard. Enjoy your training.