PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair interview coach?

Willing to sell soul
4th Mar 2007, 20:51
Evening all,

Anyone got the contact details of the chap who runs preparation sessions for the Ryanair interview?

No funny remarks please about 'practice bending over' etc. :=

Cheers,

WTSS :ok:

snaga
4th Mar 2007, 21:02
Given that you are willing to sell your soul, but not bend over, I am willing to help. You sound ripe for a bit of alternative exploitation.

MorningGlory
5th Mar 2007, 14:32
Don't waste your money. As long as you can walk and speak no more than a few basic words of english, you should be fine. :E

BitMoreRightRudder
5th Mar 2007, 15:04
Ryanair interview their applicants?

:confused: :}

richarjm
5th Mar 2007, 15:39
Yeah I wouldn't pay for an interview coach. If you really want the job just be keen, don't mention wife/family or required base unless you really have to and prepare for the sim. That's where most chaps seem to get chopped. Knowing a couple of basics about the company and some facts about your last type is important too. Finally a bit of knowledge of the bases and basic European geography. It is pretty straightforward.
Also be very sure you want to join. I'm pretty happy there but there are plenty of horror stories, some of whom I know personally. Let the BUYER beware!
richarjm.

fullrich
5th Mar 2007, 16:49
Have known of a few who still failed after getting extra 'coaching'.
They want to see that you are trainable and got lots of cash of course.

Jinkster
5th Mar 2007, 18:19
yes Ryanair DO interview their applicants!!!!!

no Ryanair DO NOT just take on anyone!

Every other day in the media - Ryanair this.... Ryanair that.... - they are very stringent on SOP (standard operating procs) who they employ etc etc

So yes they do interview applicants!

cameldung
5th Mar 2007, 21:48
Hey there jinkster most of what you say is true, but the picture you paint is not. Stringent with whom they employ? (What criteria had you in mind here?). They, under considerable external pressure, have started to sing SOP adherence from the rooftops. But procedures and requirements change very regularly and genuine confusion is far from unknown. This is also a company with a target of 40% contractors and aggressive pursuit of on-time departures. (And I do mean aggressive). Contractors are THE biggest source of SOP variability and a nightmare for conscientious co-pilots (and Ryanair have known this for some time too). The impact of their aggressive "on time" policies I will not comment upon for want of the correct words with which to express myself without causing moderator heartburn. (Hint: what airline has at least one management pilot - not instructor - who grants "partial passes" for "time management" on line checks? Think about that.... ).

-8AS
6th Mar 2007, 07:43
cameldung, there are no pass/fail/partial pass criteria on time management during line checks. all line checks follow standard flight test criteria as well as company S O P requirements.

cameldung
6th Mar 2007, 18:42
-8AS thanks for the emphatic statement. You sound like you are from the IAA. All so rosey.

How come I have met such pilots? Am I deluding myself? Am I a victim of the nasty plot to say untrue things about Ryanair? Am I making it up? Am I mindlessly repeating a rumour?

Look no further than Dublin and an increasingly controversial line checker and memo writer.

ElNino
7th Mar 2007, 18:12
Aren't you paying enough to buy the job without parting with even more for a so-called "coach"?

Willing to sell soul
8th Mar 2007, 10:25
El Nino,

Luckily I'm loaded, so it doesn't matter about costs....

Do you think the interview coach will 'buy the job' on my behalf, as it will save me attending the interview and sim ride?

Now you must excuse me while I go and shoot some peasants...ahem, sorry I mean Pheasants....

:E

Olof
8th Mar 2007, 17:51
Haha quite refreshing to read you poste WTSS !! If you're loaded than I'd say go for FR! I mean you will get to fly the B738 with a stable 5/4 roster (not between 1st of Jan to 1st of April though). The company as such is messed up. Horrible management and a lot of stuff going on. But hey, If you got the money then that shouldn't bother u! As for the assessment, concentrate on the sim!