PDA

View Full Version : quick exam question

stevoneil
4th Mar 2007, 16:25
i think im about ready to do my met theory which will be my first exam. am i able to use a calculator to work out the temp conversion etc?

also how much are the theory exams?

if i fail the first time round do i get the same paper the second time up to 3 times with the same questions on it? id like to know the failure procedure.

im getting about 85% of questions right on airquiz so a bit more brushing up on knowledge and i shud be ok but i feel like if i passed today it would be a lucky fluke. my head does not retain.

are the exam questions a lot harder than those of airquiz?

where can i find a real past exam paper to look at the questions on the net.

think thats everything

matelot
4th Mar 2007, 16:49
Where are you sitting your exams? Who has been teaching you? Your tutor has all these answers.

Crash one
4th Mar 2007, 16:49
1 I don't think a calculator is allowed other than a CRP whizzwheel
2 Depends on your flying club, ours is free.
3 There are 3 or 4 different sets of papers for each subject, if you fail you will get a different set next time.
4 Dont know about Airquizz, I recomend the PPL Confuser (£20) it has all the current questions & answers though sometimes very slightly different wording, probably 100+ Q & Ans per subject. If you get 95% on those you are more or less guaranteed (sp) a pass.
5 Past papers are not much use, the Confuser is worth every penny.
Good luck
edit:- I aggree with Matelot Who is teaching you?

homeguard
4th Mar 2007, 17:08
Examiners are provided with three seperate papers for each subject which have specific numbers. The examiner will decide which paper to give you. You are allowed three attempts at each subject. All seven subject papers are multi-choice with four possible answers per question. The number of questions varies per subject as does the time allowed.
If you fail a paper the examiner is allowed to brief you on your areas of weakness. On passing the exam the examiner may debrief you fully on the questions that you got wrong.
The fee for each sitting is at the discretion of the examiner.

stevoneil
4th Mar 2007, 17:28
thanks for the info. At the moment i do not have a tutor. i am flying with airbase at shoreham but my instructor has left after two hours flying and i havent had any groundschool with them. just been using oxford aviation CD. 6 weeks of canx lessons due to weather so far.
yeh they would be able to provide me with these answers if they were open on a sunday evening but i was counting on the friendly forum members to help me out.