PDA

View Full Version : IE suddenly not 'wide' enough!

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Mar 2007, 14:06
Dates half hidden in their appropiate boxes when searching.

Some info cut-off or out of sight (well almost).

Seem to remember this before but cannot find it.

Your help please.

hobie
3rd Mar 2007, 14:46
on top IE tool bar ......

View > text size > mine set to medium ......

what's yours set at? ..... :confused:

Background Noise
3rd Mar 2007, 21:28
or under the 'page' drop down in IE7 or CTRL and mouse wheel for text size

Keef
4th Mar 2007, 00:28
IE?

Switch to Firefox. You know it makes sense!

PPRuNe Pop
4th Mar 2007, 07:12
Mine is set to medium also.

Keefy, I really don't want to change browsers. I had enough problems getting used to IE6! :ugh:

FerrypilotDK
4th Mar 2007, 07:40
The nearly right answer is to get Firefox.....it is no problem to get used to and you will be amazed at the speed. You donīt need to "change." Just download it and try it. You will probably find that you use it more and more until you just finally dump IE. Now for the earth-shattering REAl right answer--

Sit down.

take a deep breath...

Get a mac!:D

hobie
4th Mar 2007, 09:52
Sounds to me like a job for BOAC .......

I wonder where he is hiding ?.... :p

Keef
4th Mar 2007, 13:42
I have a mac, but I don't use it for browsing. It keeps the rain off while standing around in the rain...

Download Firefox, install it, and try it. There's little "new" to learn - after all, IE was based on a crib of Mosaic which became Mozilla which became Firefox.

batninth
4th Mar 2007, 13:54
PPRuNe Pop,

Have you changed the screen resolution at all? Some web pages "dead reckon" their way around, and changing the screen resolution can upset the way the page navigates to put up the controls. That could account for what you are seeing.

PPRuNe Pop
4th Mar 2007, 15:56
BOAC is flying. He is my guru too - usually! But....I might give Firefox a go. I have nothing to lose. :{

PPRuNe Pop
5th Mar 2007, 15:04
Actually the problem is now solved.

The problem occurred when I looked up train times and the boxes were hidden, and as I had a similar experience a few months ago, which was not then associated with train timetables, I thought it was back. It was only when I chanced my arm with different resolutions and font sizes I decided to email Network Rail.

The result was that they were aware of the issue and were addressing it!

Makes yer fink doan it!