PDA

View Full Version : Bosnia Medals

Roger the cabin boy
1st Mar 2007, 21:29
Quick question, lots of people have probably got a chest full of medals for the Balkans - was there a separate EUFOR medal once they replaced NATO, and if so, are we (the Brits) allowed to wear it? I ask out of curiosity as I see most British Forces are pulling out of there soon, and I haven't seen anything different to the ones I have.
Ah, Split - happy days! That was how to go to war.....
(My apologies to those who actually did the hard stuff "up country")

wheelie-bin-there
10th Mar 2007, 21:22
I can answer this one with some certainty as I have to wear the (rather boring) looking thing...

Yes there is a new Bos medal, yes it does look rather crappy and yes you are aloud to wear it...if you want to suffer the cost of having your gongs remounted, again!!!

Wannabe1974
10th Mar 2007, 21:58
There were at least 2 different NATO medals as well. You had to serve your qualifying time in both periods of the medal's validity in order to wear both so not many people qualified. I suspect the same would be true of the EU gong. As the EU was in power for a relatively short time, I wouldn't have thought many people qualified at all. Although if the quality of the NATO ones are anything to go by, you'd be better off looking in a tin of Quality Street...