PDA

View Full Version : Menzies at LGW

Fenders
1st Mar 2007, 16:46
Heard a rumour that Menzies are hoping to start handling services at LGW in the spring. Also heard that they have secured the EasyJet contract there. Has anyone heard anymore on this?

Fenders

G-WHOT
1st Mar 2007, 18:39
Your info ties in with jobs on a well known website, new ground handler at LGW needing plenty of staff.:)

No longer ATC
2nd Mar 2007, 18:00
They are advertising just about every job possible in my local paper....East Grinstead Courier I think it was..

merlinxx
2nd Mar 2007, 18:07
www.aviationjobsearch.com has it all

jetsetwilly
3rd Mar 2007, 18:10
Looks like all the LGW/Menzies ads have been pulled:confused:

JSW.

Ad!!!
7th Mar 2007, 17:05
There was about 200 applicants at the Aroura hotel recruitment conference today.

Ad!!!
12th Mar 2007, 20:56
They have loads of Servisair's EasyJet team agents moving across, maybe they already have enough people?

Not as many as you think. I've spoken to a lot of the 'airside' agents and none of them are thinking of going over as a PSA.

Servisair are actually trying to retain staff for the summer. Also they aren't providing any pass transfers.

WEASEY
10th Apr 2007, 12:43
Don't Know Where You Got That Info. From. But You're Very Misinformed. Majority Won't Touch Them With A Barge Pole!:=

jetsetwilly
10th Apr 2007, 15:30
Where did YOU get YOUR info from? It would be nice to know where the "Majority Won't Touch Them With A Barge Pole" came from.
2 posts from new and both of them are slating Menzies.:=
Bitter or something:confused:
JSW.

Matty J
27th Apr 2007, 19:31
Will menzies still be handling EZY from May 1st?

Reason i ask is that i got offered a position on that ramp a few weeks back and was told to expect a training course commencing on the 23rd of April. Last week i got a letter from the employment agency saying that they are awaiting more course dates from Menzies and will be in touch with me when they get them!

I still have'nt heard anything which seems a little strange. Have Menzies got their act together at LGW or are they having problems?

Regards.

:ok:

Out Of Trim
27th Apr 2007, 21:26
It would appear that 1st May is still D Day. I saw a number of their new staff Jetty Training on Stand 31 last week.

They had a JCB holding what looked like a Plywood Fuselage/door structure at various heights and positions to simulate an aircraft.

Looks like Easyjet didn't want to risk a real aeroplane! :ooh:

aw8565
28th Apr 2007, 15:25
Hah ha I saw the JCB too! Was tempted to phone the jetty phone and see if I could make 'em jump. But thought better of it of course.... :}

Matty J
3rd May 2007, 13:13
So, were now into day 3 of the Orange lot being handled by Menzies, Hows it going?

I noticed on day 1 that EZY's last 3 departures of the evening were over 1hr 30mins late, when everything else seemed to be running ontime.

Although i got offered a job over a month ago now im still waiting for Menzies to get a training date sorted out, it seems a little bit un-organised to say the least!

Regards.

:ok:

CLOUD 09
6th May 2007, 22:30
Menzies will struggle for a while at Gatwick, only around 14-20 psa agents went over from Servisair, any experienced agents stayed put due the poor pay and contracts unless offered a supervisory type position. Many agents are working over legal limit (6 hours) prior to having meal breaks.
Menzeis like many handling agents are now targeting cheaper eastern european labour, poor pay, poor conditions of employment, and poor training. Servisair turned round a/c in 30mins, I have heard Menzeis reckon to t/r in 25mins!!! Me thinks plenty of 'rubber clocking' required if this is true. :hmm: