PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Cabin Crew recruitment

maxalt
1st Mar 2007, 12:49
Some time ago I heard a statistic about Ryanair - that only around a dozen Irish people are employed as Cabin Crew based in Dublin. The rest are all East Europeans.

I'm curious about that figure.

Can any Ryanair pilot tell us how many Cabin Crew are 'employed' by Ryanair in Dublin, and how many of them are Irish?

Before someone jumps on the discrimination band-wagon, I have no problem with East Europeans working in Ireland. They're more than welcome.
But I'm curious as to where the Irish are, and why the recruitment is targetting foreign nationals?

Here is a link to Ryanairs current Cabin Crew recruitment campaign: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=JOBS&sec=careers

The individuals they present as their best examples of current Ryanair Cabin Crew (Gintare and Juris) are both east europeans - recruited directly from Eastern Europe to be based and employed in Dublin.
Where are the Irish? Where is Pat and Mary??

Interviews are advertised for Krakow, Lisbon and Madrid. Will those recruits be employed in Poland, Portugal and Spain, or elsewhere?

maxalt
1st Mar 2007, 17:09
CamelHair, I find it incredible that they can get away with that treatment, but I guess they'd simply point out that the Cabin Crew are employed by a 'contractor' so take it up with them.....

I'm still looking for an answer on numbers.
Anyone?

Eirefly
1st Mar 2007, 17:29
maxalt why don't you just ring them...:confused:

Ireland: 0818 303030
England: 0871 2460000

or you can just email the man: [email protected]

maxalt
1st Mar 2007, 18:14
maxalt why don't you just ring them...

Ireland: 0818 303030
England: 0871 2460000

or you can just email the man:
Do you think they'd give me the info?
I find it sick you can try to raise a laugh from this.:=

Since we've been moved to the Cabin Crew Dept, maybe one of you folks knows enough to give some actual figures?

bermudatriangle
1st Mar 2007, 20:32
you may find salary and conditions determine the candidates that apply for the positions.irish nationals currently enjoy a very high per capita income.somewhat higher than many of our eastern european co workers,hence the lower paid positions may not get filled by irish nationals !you have to ask whether a career with ryanair as cabin crew pays a salary attractive to yourself,if so apply and enjoy !

Eirefly
1st Mar 2007, 22:41
Oh build a wall and get over it maxalt. We've heard this argument hundreds of times on this forum.

You obviously havn't got a clue about the current economic status of Ireland. Yes its the 3rd richest country now but that doesnt mean anything to the Polish, Latvian and Lithuanian that have migrated here. I know many personally and they are glad to have a chance at a good productive life by earning twice, actually four times, what they would have earned back in their home countries. They are glad to be working for FR or any other company over here for that matter.

MOL isnt the only business man in the world you know, oh wait there are "nice" CEOS and MD's of modern day companies, yeah right.

Wake up and just give it a rest.:ugh:

maxalt
2nd Mar 2007, 11:09
The moderators have been busy overnight.
O'Leary pulled out the big stick again?

Eirefly, just stick to flying your toy airplanes.

I ask again - for the 5th and last time - any Irish Cabin Crew working for Ryanair in Dublin?

apaddyinuk
2nd Mar 2007, 11:54
Irish people will not work as crew for Ryanair. Irish are used to being ripped off but will not also pay for training/uniform etc etc just to work for a company. Thats why they will apply for the likes of EI/RE and WX!

Ryanair = CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

Eirefly
2nd Mar 2007, 12:43
Maxalt I have a perfectly good FO job at EI.

I dont like toy planes as much as you do, and don't spend all of my time on this forum like yourself.

Good luck

maxalt
2nd Mar 2007, 14:11
Eirefly you're a PPL'er. You said it yourself in your very first post on this BB - right here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3102729#post3102729).

If you have aspirations to join EI - dream on. You're far better suited to employment with your hero Mr.O'Leary.

Good luck.

Eirefly
2nd Mar 2007, 15:27
Your a funny bloke, that happened over 8 months ago, alot has happened since then. Yes not fully in the right hand seat yet, but will be there soon.

At least i'm flying;)

Airbourne-Adamski
2nd Mar 2007, 16:54
This is not meant as discrimination or bitching or whatever,

But its the same with Ryanair LTN base crew the majority are eastern europeans.

The only thing i can say from the aviation gossip is that it is very difficult for eastern europeans to get flying jobs in there part of the world (no offence guys). So they are prepared to PAY for training uniform ect to get a job as crew. (Ryanair do this easy employment and cost saving)

Many Brit guys I know would not pay Ryanair or the contractors to train thenm, then work for a contractor/Ryanair.

simba1
2nd Mar 2007, 20:51
The reason you get very few Irish as cabin crew in Dublin is because they are not willing to accept the awful conditions in a city like Dublin with high prices. I have flown from Dublin many times and it is pathetic and sad to meet these eastern european cabin crew,living in extremely crowded accommodation in north Dublin, walking to work and not being able to afford to have a prper lunch so that the few Irish cabin crew and flight crew in Dublin will often share their lunches with them. These people are being expoited by O'Leary and his henchmen pimps. What's the betting that some senior Ryanair management have a share in the cabin crew recruitment agencies. They certainly have a share in teh Pilot recruitment agencies. The newly recruited cabin crew think they will have a lovely well paid glamorous career but reality hits when Ryanair deduct their training costs, uniform costs etc. They burn out only after a few years.

maxalt
3rd Mar 2007, 00:24
Eirefly, you posted your comment on Feb 2nd (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3102729#post3102729) and called yourself a 'PPL'er'.

Now - 4 weeks later - you say you're a commercial pilot with a jet job. If you had a CPL 4 weks ago, why did you call yourself a 'PPL'er'.
You are a bull****ter of the purest ray serene.

Don't feel bad about it - there are dozens more of your delusional buddies infesting this website.

They burn out only after a few years.Well maybe thats because they only get a 3 year deal Simba. After which I'm sure they're happy to bail out.

Still - who are these 'few Irish cabin crew' you speak off. How many of them? I want NUMBERS.