PDA

View Full Version : 247jet Sponsorship

expedite08
1st Mar 2007, 12:17
Found this on a search, does anyone know much about the scheme company etc. Had a little look at thier site would appreciate any insider views

Many thanks

Expedite :ok:

scruggs
1st Mar 2007, 12:42
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252122&highlight=247jet

Maybe worth a read.

potatowings
7th Mar 2007, 18:04
Friend of mine worked there, left after he didn't receive his pay for 2 months. Enough said?

scruggs
8th Mar 2007, 09:16
Info I received in an email from them:

247 Jet Ltd.
Hangar 2 Aviation Way
Southend Airport SS2 6UN
United Kingdom
Tel +44 1702 531 500 Fax +44 1702 531 502

www.247jet.biz (http://www.247jet.biz/)

Hope it proves useful.

Oxeagle
15th Mar 2007, 14:51
Out of interest, has anyone who applied for this sponsorship had a reply yet? I certainly havn't!

Ox

scruggs
15th Mar 2007, 17:03
Following the email I posted above, I received a follow up email from Dale requesting my CV. I didn't bother replying. A few days ago, Dale contacted me again via email asking why I hadn't submitted my CV and if I could do so a.s.a.p.

I will not be pursuing an application with them.

Good luck Ox.

Cheers,
S.

ron83
15th Mar 2007, 20:09
hi scruggs,

can you post Dale's e-mail please?

Regards,Ron.

scruggs
15th Mar 2007, 20:29
[email protected]

This is the contact number the guy asked me to use: 01702 531 500

All the best.
S.

ron83
16th Mar 2007, 07:58
Thanks Scruggs for info,

I've got one more question,just to make sure,as I understood from your post above,do they take loan on your name and pay for whole training??from 0 to fATPL?if not just explain briefly how it works?

Cheers,Ron.

Artificial Horizon
16th Mar 2007, 09:20
Are these guys the same crowd that tried to organise a sponsorship scheme about 5-6 years ago and then when it came to actually doing the testing everyone who had paid for the tests received a letter saying that 'regrettably due to sickness the sponsorship would not be taking place in the foreseeable future'??

scruggs
16th Mar 2007, 11:43
Ron,

Sorry mate, all I know is what I've posted above. What I can glean from my post #4 is:

- You take the loan in your name.
- You will split your time between training and ops
- They pay the interest whilst you're training
- If you stay with the company, they pay it off over 5 years. If you leave, the loan follows you.
- They pay you 15K during in your training
- They pay you 40K once you're on-line

So, I guess if you stay with the company, they pay for 0-fATPL. So on the face of it, it is a true sponsorship. But having read previous posts here by others, there have been issues with this company in the past.

Sorry I can't provide more info.

S.

ron83
16th Mar 2007, 12:36
Thanks for info Scruggs.

Ron.

scruggs
16th Mar 2007, 15:30
It's a pleasure.

S.

vectis lady
19th Mar 2007, 11:28
anybody know the name of the guy in charge?

trainee_flyboy
23rd Mar 2007, 14:02
Guys hopefully I can clear up any remaining questions on the sponsorship scheme:

The loan will be taken out in your name so if you decided to leave before its paid off the loan goes with you.

You can be taken from 0-fATPL, upto PPL can be done in house as the company is registered as a training organisation.

Hours building is done crew/parts positioning for the Citations plus any other trips you may want to do when you have time off.

The ATPL groundschool as previously mentioned is either done at Bristol or London Met.

The CPL/IR/ME is all done at Stapleford or in America depending on preference.

Any other questions feel free to PM me

QPR_Spotter
27th Mar 2007, 10:42
I am intrested in this, I have sent an PM to you Trainee Flyboy, What I want to know is whom to contact and is this still on going
:ok:

scruggs
27th Mar 2007, 15:54
The guy I made contact with was Dale Bellis. For contact details, I refer you to post #8

S

Dolley
27th Mar 2007, 21:11
Hiya,

Can anybody tell me where to find out more about the sponsorship scheme and where to apply?

Can't find any information but here?! A bit strange but hopefully somebody knows...

Much appreciated!

Life's a Beech
29th Mar 2007, 22:25
Hours building is done crew/parts positioning for the Citations plus any other trips you may want to do when you have time off.That appears to be against the law for a PPL holder, unless they pay their proportion. Even in that case I think it would be rather close to the wire, and certainly against the spirit of the rules. Many operators will only fly crew on turbines, certainly not on SEPs flown by PPL holders!

Note that many of the newsworthy accidents involving light aircraft carrying passengers have been non-AOC, illegal or at least suspect charters. There is a reason for the stands of an AOC!

trainee_flyboy
1st Apr 2007, 10:51
Quote:
Hours building is done crew/parts positioning for the Citations plus any other trips you may want to do when you have time off.
That appears to be against the law for a PPL holder, unless they pay their proportion. Even in that case I think it would be rather close to the wire, and certainly against the spirit of the rules. Many operators will only fly crew on turbines, certainly not on SEPs flown by PPL holders!

Note that many of the newsworthy accidents involving light aircraft carrying passengers have been non-AOC, illegal or at least suspect charters. There is a reason for the stands of an AOC!

Just to clarify as I can understand the case you state, it is not required of us to undertake any trips, as you have said it is a little close to the wire, however it has merely been on the occasions that I have been flying to places already (namely Biggin Hill) where it will make my life easier to take say catering or such to stock up the aircraft on the weekend rather than having to drive round the M25 later in the week, so its not a company requirement and unfortunately I have to pay for the flying myself... make as you will from that?