PDA

View Full Version : Scandinavian Aviation Academy

captwannabe
14th Apr 2006, 13:11
Anyone train with SAA? What's the training like there? Costs, facilities, good instructors? Are any airlines linked with the school? :confused:

Olof
14th Apr 2006, 15:07
Hello!

SAA is a good school that has been growing a lot the last years. Been doing all my training there and I am pleased with the instructors and the school as a whole. If you're looking for a good ab-initio program with a descent price tag, SAA might very well be worth looking into. They also provide MCC courses at SAS flight academy which, with a good result, can end up in a simulator assesement with Ryanair... (it worked for me :E )

The Mixmaster
8th Aug 2006, 23:56
Does anyone have any info or experiences to share about this FTO. I like the idea of spending a year in San Diego for flight training and groundschool then doing Sim work in Sweden. Two countries I've always wanted to spend time in. Can't argue with the price either at 51 Euro.

Would like to hear bout the quality of instruction and lifestyle in San Diego and in Vasteras. Cheers in advance:ok:

The Mixmaster
13th Aug 2006, 21:09
Anyone else got any experience of this place?

EI-Shamrock
13th Aug 2006, 21:17
Do you have to pay for accomodation, food and flights on top of the €51k?

wingnut-will
13th Aug 2006, 21:50
If its Scandinavian, its bloody expensive.......5 euros for a lager in Oslo!:mad: :hmm:

Hollister
17th Aug 2006, 13:28
€5? Then u were damn lucky, maybe u bought the lager in the store.. Prices out is roughly more like €8 or €9 depending on the location.. :ok:

wingnut-will
17th Aug 2006, 15:23
EHHHH!!! It's gone up 3/4 euro then!:eek:

I WILL NEVER GO TO OSLO AGAIN!!!

But I heard it's cheaper outside the city?

ramon76
15th Dec 2006, 16:24
Hi everyone!!

Any comments about Scandinavian Aviation Academy and their Ryanair affair?
Anyone who got hired with Ryanair after the assesment, The MCC and the SSTR?
Comments on the assesment?
on the MCC?
etc.... will be appreciated!!!

I have an assesmet coming up with them next january the 7th, in Stockholm.

I am very ecited about it, and looking forward to it.

Jinkster
15th Dec 2006, 18:40
Passed a few weeks ago and doing initial training at EMA.

Brilliant so far and hard to believe!!!

Im offski to CAE so cannot help you i'm afraid.

So far all bad Ryanair rumours on here all false! :ok:

wigwag
18th Dec 2006, 15:40
Jinkster

Out of interest, whats the cost for the ryanir scheme please ? your best placed to give the up to date cost ! Friend has tried to get the low down but heard nothing.

Jinkster
18th Dec 2006, 15:58
I understand the prices vary between CAE and SAS but CAE is just over £19,000 but on top there is accomodation and flights to Amsterdam - baring all in mind that the Netherlands is much cheaper than Sweden.

INSIDEVIEW
18th Dec 2006, 17:26
@ Jinkster

when u did your EMA Assesment ....i go there in january after CAE forwarded my CV ...

Any chance you can tell me whats new ?

Cheers mate

Jinkster
18th Dec 2006, 17:29
I think the profile has changed since I did the assessment - to save me lieing i'd speak to someone who has done it recently.

Fabbe_Far
12th Jan 2007, 14:44
Hello !!!

Scandinavian aviation have now a new course called......Ryanair MCC Approved course!!!!

Have anybody done the selection tests for the MCC course.
Its says they have a aptitude test and some other test.

It would be fun to know what the new tests are..

Cheers:ok:

Fabbe_Far
12th Jan 2007, 14:55
Hi

Andybody done the Aptitude test for ryanair MCC course...

Is it difficult?

Cheers

F.O.E.
12th Jan 2007, 17:52
I applied to both SAS and CAE on the 5th of Jan, how long after applying to SAS and CAE did you guys get a response? Also how long can you expect to wait before assessment? Also if anyone has got any new information on what to expect can PM me it would be most appreciated.

balboa
1st Mar 2007, 10:30
This seems to be a big school but don't hear much about it on here- anyone had any experience of this place somewhere in Sweden?:sad:

phantomcruiser07
23rd Jun 2007, 15:17
On the integrated Pro Pilot program @ scandinavian avia academy, does any one know if the ATPL theory is distance learning or classroom based?

K08
24th Aug 2007, 10:51
Hello!

SAA http://www.bfsaa.se (http://www.bfsaa.se/) is a good school. It is not that big but has been growing rapidly in last years, as someone have told here before. In fact, they have relatively long history in Sweden. Still, they are quite new (compared to OAT, FTE) in the market as to consider their new international marketing concept. They also had another name before. The fact that the graduates of SAA had a direct entries to interview to SAS talks by itself... Unfortunately SAS is not recruiting at the moment :(. But the school has still that contract. And yes, they have connections to Ryanair, and propably to EasyJet, in the near future.

The assessment program is quite demanding... You have to go to Stocholm and take 2 days at one of the recommended psychological assessment centre (either Interpersona or Gordon etc). In the testing, they emphasise specially the stress tolerance, your speed and multiple tasking, numeracy and spacial thinking.

Anyway, the price of the course is good. And yes, the additional costs (living, transportation, etc) are NOT included. However, the total price will be still lower than the total price at OAT or FTE.

The studies are really intense... Also, you start flying almost immediately you start your ground school in SanDiego, which is great in my mind.

Their attitude to teaching is modern- using lot of IT- solutions, and distance learning is emphasised. You are expected to study hard individually, traditional ground school classes are taken place periodically (ie. 1 week self study, 1 week ground school classes). This aspect may be very hard if you are used to traditional every- day- 8h- classroom- learning, or if you have no self discipline enough to plan your time by yourself.

Instructors are good, although some of them are relatively young. And aircrafts (C172) are in very good condition. The airport and airspace they fly in is busy that is an experience itself... :} But its fun. I don' t know about MCC course in Sweden that well but I have heard it is one of the best ones. What I know is that the simulators (that are used also by SAS) are great.

The life style in San Diego is very nice. Weather is always good. The central city is approximately 20 min driving distance which is good because you are not attempted to spend your time there too much (cause you by yourself are responsible for the planning of your time), but on the other hand there is everything you need for refreshing your mind if you really need it. Specially surfing!;)

It is a very long talk now... But I hope it gave you some idea about that place :ok:

Cheers!

sky84
4th Oct 2007, 22:20
K08, thanks a lot for the information :ok:

SAS-A321
1st Dec 2008, 16:54
Anyone on the school right now?

Lihava
5th Mar 2009, 16:59
Let's pull this old one up. Anybody studying at the moment in Sweden? School is still worth going to do studies?

jaben
2nd Aug 2010, 23:30
Does anyone here have any recent experience with SAA?

NicolasDes
18th Sep 2010, 16:34
Same question. Going soon to their open house and considering signing up for the january session!
Does anyone here have any recent experience with SAA?

wonder88
26th Mar 2016, 21:33
Hi, has anyone had any recent experience with SAA? Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

TowerDog
26th Mar 2016, 23:58
. €5? Then u were damn lucky, maybe u bought the lager in the store.. Prices out is roughly more like €8 or €9 depending on the location..

€9.37 today. :sad:

Booglebox
24th Oct 2016, 23:08
Hi, also looking for recent info about SAA in San Diego; thanks in advance!