PDA

View Full Version : Seminars at OAT and Cabair

NJB
28th Feb 2007, 21:31
I'm due at a couple of seminars over the next week at OAT and Cabair and I'm trying to get all my preparation done.

I was wondering if there are any tips or questions that would be a good idea to ask of the staff.

I think I have all the basics covered (justify the price, average grades, inductions compared to graduations), but any others people can think of would be a great help.

Also if anyone else is going it (3rd OAT, 10th Cabair) it would be cool to know!

Thanks for the help

NJB

socloss
6th Mar 2007, 15:55
Hi NJB,

I went to OAT in January and was very impressed with it, sceptics would say it's good marketing but I think they are very professional.

Im going to Cabair on Saturday 10th so will see you there. Send me a PM and we can meet up if you like. Have you done any of the assessments?

socloss

PThomas
7th Mar 2007, 16:21
I went to the cabair seminar last summer. Quite good, very informal. Consisted of a few presentations and talks by various ground and air staff and of course the ( not sure what his name is ) the marketing guy who gives you the spiel on market and employment situation , pass rates , money etc ...

As you'd expect you then have a tour of the campus and facilities etc .. Have a chat with a few current students, which is a good chance to hear what its like from a student perspective, clearly they're not going to slag off the place.

I dont feel theres a huge amount of prep you need to do, just keep an open mind, try and see through " the selling points " and just get a feel for the place .. Questions will arise in your head dont worry. You may want to put a few of the students on the spot , ask questions like :

- Do integrated students / sponsored students get prioirty over modular
- If ground school is first before flying school what incentive is there to start the course in the summer, to study on the ground for 26 weeks, only to then get given the keys to a plane in november when the weathers rubbish and the days are short ?
- how many students cant find work for over a year after graduation

you get the picture , remember , you're the customer.