PDA

View Full Version : Cosmik Aviation Eurostar

'Chuffer' Dandridge
28th Feb 2007, 21:09
Hi all,

Anyone know where i can hire one of these microlight/aeroplanes (not sure what it is...Looks like a proper aeroplane but surely a microlight?). Not wanting to do anything other than fly with an instructor and get a feel for the aeroplane..

Preferably in the South East....?

....on a nice sunny day...:ok:

squawking 7700
28th Feb 2007, 21:42
Not in the South East but Eaglescott (Devon) have a Eurostar (microlight category) and very nice it is too.

I was very impressed by almost all aspects of the aircraft.

If you fly it, you'll want one.................

Henry Hallam
1st Mar 2007, 01:47
Can attest to the high quality of aircraft and instructor at Eaglescott, what a ride!

muffin
1st Mar 2007, 06:47
Also at Oxford, Sywell and Conington.

Mariner9
1st Mar 2007, 08:36
The basic Eurostar's a microlight. Add an electric fuel pump, it becomes a group A (or whatever they're called nowadays).

Great fun to fly, amazing short field performance. If you enjoy the ride in that, you should try and blag a ride in a Pioneer 300 or an MCR01, similar handling but 50% faster.

tangovictor
1st Mar 2007, 10:07
not sure where you are, however as already said, Oxford and Peterboro have Eurostars, EV97, I have flown them many times, really great machine, and only £100 per hour, ish, with instructor, www.flycb.com is the people to ask
tv

'Chuffer' Dandridge
1st Mar 2007, 10:40
Thanks for all your comments.

As I say, I dont intend flying one on a regular basis, just need to do an hour with a FI to evaluate how it flies for a project.

V800
1st Mar 2007, 18:25
You could try Rochester Microlights at the airfield of the same name.

I flew this one last year with an instructor followed by a Jabiru.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5728340
I'm only a type chasing enthusiast who does not hold a licence but thought the EV97 was the better aircraft out of the two.