PDA

View Full Version : For All Lgw Cabin Crew

flyer55
28th Feb 2007, 18:18
Hi all
Wonder if you can help am trying to get some info on starting salarys and hourly rates for LGW cabin Crew , so can you help !!!!!!!
I know the following :
BA LGW Starting £9,940 & hourly rate £2.32

GB Airways £16,000 hourly rate £2.30

Zoom uk £ 10.500 hourly rate £2.25

pickle8
28th Feb 2007, 18:57
Gb Airways is not £16,000- its more like £10,500 basic- the rest comes in at overtime, commission and charter flights- If you go get offered a job with an airline at LGW you should ask about what makes up the figure they advertise- esp if you live in brighton and have to commute- calculate that into you earnings- it might not make financial sense to stay put, I had to do it for a year and it takes it out of you mentally as well- most people end up moving to crawley- which leaves a lot to be desired....

Glamgirl
28th Feb 2007, 21:57
I can only speak for BALGW. It's single fleet, which means both short and long haul. Hourly rate is 2.32 at the moment, probably will change with the breakfast allowance sell off, rumoured to be an extra 18p an hour (only according to galley fm though). You get just over 7 pounds for over night allowance, overtime if duty day is more than 10.5 hours, double overtime if duty goes over 12.5 hours (very rare I have to say). Your hourly rate and overnight allowance is tax free, and your tax on your basic is quite low (compared with the outside "normal" world).

We have a great mixture of routes and destinations. It's hard work sometimes, but great crew. Also, we're getting more routes this summer and it's rumoured that we're getting the Rome night stop back (yay!).

I'm sure someone else on here can give you more info on other airlines (easy, virgin etc).

flyer55
1st Mar 2007, 10:48
Thanks for that info but really am just after Starting Salaries and Hourly Rates !