PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety Posters

rogerk
28th Feb 2007, 13:07
Anyone remember "Prudence" a brunette in her underwear and high heels ??
Message was "Fly with Prudence"
Need a ref for an article I am writing.

Also the two ducks "Fly United" ??

stickmonkeytamer
28th Feb 2007, 20:34
Wasn't some girl who was scantily clad on these posters the daughter of a Stn Cdr?

I know that a previous helicopter training base (not to narrow it down too much) Stn Cdr's daughter has appeared in FHM as a girl next door... She was seemingly very popular during a night in the bar when she was posing beside a cardboard cutout of herself in her undies trying to get people to vote for her. Her father even had a "glamour" photo of her in his livingroom- must have been very proud...:yuk:

SMT

Seldomfitforpurpose
1st Mar 2007, 07:41
Seems to me if the gal was "fit" enough to get into FHM and that was her chosen career path why shouldn't he be proud of her :rolleyes:

stickmonkeytamer
1st Mar 2007, 07:48
SFFP- do you have photos of you daughter in her underwear in your livingroom??? Doesn't seem quite right to me...:=

SMT

Seldomfitforpurpose
1st Mar 2007, 08:12
As we see her in her underwear often enough round the house then if she was lucky enough to get a contract with FHM I would have no issues with a tasteful example of her fame on display.

Put yourself in that Staish's shoes and how should he have acted, should he have cowered in the face of the gin swilling moralists, you can almost hear them bumping their gums about how it would never have happened in my day, or should he have thrown his whole parental support behind his daughters endeavors.

Barkly1992
1st Mar 2007, 08:13
The best aviation safety poster I saw was (I think) from the Canadian Airforce - it simply said.

"It is easy to avoid an accident - just point your aircraft at the ground - and MISS."

:p

BEagle
1st Mar 2007, 09:34
'Get them down safely' with ATC!!

cornish-stormrider
1st Mar 2007, 10:26
Less poster, More Video- Bring on Doctor FOD

Ordynants
1st Mar 2007, 10:37
One version of 'Fly United'
http://home.earthlink.net/~ebaystore/Fly%20United%201975%2066x50.jpg

Nat O'Thee
1st Mar 2007, 10:39
... and his assistant Miss Waybody.

How about the old calendars we used to get with the blonde infront of various types, seem to remember a great shot under a sar wessex??

TheHogwartsBEngO
1st Mar 2007, 10:50
The man from Lox is on YouTube if you search!

"Got to get this Lox trolley back to the store or the safety officer will have my a$$"

:ok:

lastmanstanding
1st Mar 2007, 14:30
Once submitted an idea for a poster as a young thruster liney back in the 80's, but it was thrown out for some reason.....
FOD
Under
Control
Keeps
Our
Fighters
Flying

:*

Olly O'Leg
1st Mar 2007, 15:55
Who remembers the brunette minx wearing (I think) a skirt/suit in high heels with the jacket buttoned very low, set at night and she's in front of a FOD bin??? Still got one of those knocking around at work!!!

:8

JagRigger
1st Mar 2007, 16:24
Ahhhh - the sight of Miss Wayward body negotiating the intake cone on a Lightning......................

engoal
1st Mar 2007, 19:52
In the mid-80s, just before the Government got serious about HIV, a mate and I submitted a FOD poster proposal with the catchy byline "FOD is like AIDS - It's passed on by junkies and nobody wants it!". We got a fairly terse response from the SFSO at a well-known secret W Norfolk airbase to the effect that it was in poor taste. Killjoy:uhoh:. More importantly, I recently discovered a copy of Dr FOD etc in a dusty cupboard near my office.

Guernsey Girl II
1st Mar 2007, 20:29
What ever became of ‘Safety Sue’? :)

ShyTorque
1st Mar 2007, 21:51
She forgot her pill and had a nasty bump?

Flash2001
1st Mar 2007, 23:57
In most Royal Canadian Air Force maintenance hangars there used to be a poster of a hexagonal nut wearing a skirt being pursued by an erect screw in trousers. The caption was "Oh no you don't, not without a washer". Not PC, of course, but it got the message across.

After an excellent landing you can use the airplane again!

wileydog3
2nd Mar 2007, 00:00
I remember a smoking hole with a rescue helicopter hovering nearby and the title was.." NO APPROACH IS SO BAD IT CAN'T BE SALVAGED."

Samuel
3rd Mar 2007, 19:31
I recall one of the more memorable ones as :

"MUPHRY IS ALIVE AND WELL"

jEtGuiDeR
3rd Mar 2007, 21:34
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6272/normalgetemdownkq3.jpg :)