PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO STAY, So Please!

Saturn
27th Feb 2007, 21:19
After reading the recent posts on this forum I am now concerned. While watching so many leave, I, up to now, had decided to make CX a career. But after reading most of the recent posts and especially with regards to Cos and pay I might have a change of heart.

Pay is one thing but the COS is another. Hiring DECs, making us PT/PX in economy, and taking away the love seats on 744 (80H/K) are things that I will not really be happy with. Flying half way around the world is hard enough nevermind trying to sleep at odd hours and in a closet none the less. The 777 is going to have a really nice sleeping compartment. Why is the 744 losing what they have?

After working VERY HARD at Cathay and then seeing a DEC would upset me. I could right now go to work for a number of airlines as a DEC myself. I have chose not to as I have put in a lot of time and effort into Cathay. Erroding what we have now I think may change my mind. We have not asked for much from Cathay.

These things mentioned on this board are really why folks are quitting. I do not want to leave but taking away what little perks we have i.e. again, business class/first class, quick upgrade on freighter, reasonable AFTL's are just going to upset more people. We should be working on improving the COS in what ever way possible to get people to stay and or apply. I really wonder who is going to fly all the new jets including the 747-8's that are coming?

Please don't make Cathay a place to leave. Make it a place to stay. I'd really like to stay.:confused:

regretCX
27th Feb 2007, 21:35
Saturn, pull yourself together man...................you sound rather like a pathetic child..................................I'd rather stay than go through the BS of applying for other jobs, but it is the people that try and hire us that are the same people trying to degrade us. I am applying for other jobs because CX has really become unworkable. I suggest you stop wimpering and do the same.................

BuzzBox
27th Feb 2007, 22:47
What a load of rubbish! You guys really need to get a life...

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Saturn
28th Feb 2007, 01:22
So if you wanna leave you are a champion if you wanna stay you are a pathetic child. That is a very interesting statement. I do not know how to respond do such a thing other than to say I hope I never have to fly with you as there isn't Vagisil for you! :D

regretCX
28th Feb 2007, 10:55
WTF....................................I think you need to have a rest dude...:confused:

ACMS
28th Feb 2007, 14:07
Saturn: Pay is one thing but the COS is another. Hiring DECs, making us PT/PX in economy, and taking away the love seats on 744 (80H/K) are things that I will not really be happy with. Flying half way around the world is hard enough nevermind trying to sleep at odd hours and in a closet none the less.
I don't like the fact that Cx are basically hiring DEC's either. But no young FO's that I speak to want to fly the classic freighter, so what should Cx do?
They are going to take 1 love seat away and leave 1 for the crew when they re configure to the new Business class, not good but what can you do.
Sleep in a closet? you mean the bunk right? it's not that bad, I used to get a little sleep, more if I was tired enough.
These things mentioned on this board are really why folks are quitting. I do not want to leave but taking away what little perks we have i.e. again, business class/first class, quick upgrade on freighter, reasonable AFTL's are just going to upset more people. We should be working on improving the COS in what ever way possible to get people to stay and or apply. I really wonder who is going to fly all the new jets including the 747-8's that are coming?
They are quitting because they think they have found a better job, very few would have resigned because they didn't like the way we do business here. They went because the opportunity came up to go back home to a major carrier. And I can't blame them for that.
Taking away perks? We still get F and J class don't we? It's the upgrades we should have.
Reasonable AFTL's, isn't that why the AOA voted to accept RP07, so as to lock in our contract the AFTL's and rostering practices?
The new 747-8?????? correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't ordered any. Although I firmly believe we will.
You need to take a chill pill. 90% of the Cx Pilots don't read the crap that is written in here anyway.:ok:

Saturn
28th Feb 2007, 16:53
Go and Read NUMERO CRUCHEROS reply under "how many are leaving". I guess I cuould have put it better but I stand by what I have said. If I need a chill pill or a rest cause I like CX and wanna stay so be it!:\

ACMS
1st Mar 2007, 02:37
Mate, wake up. it's good if they leave, it may make things better for those of us that stay. Cx needs every single one of us and they know it. So if you want to improve your Cos this is "market forces", "supply and demand" at work. :ok:
If they left for a better job ( UPS FEDEX SWA ) then bloody good on em, if they left because they didn't like the rest of us here or they way we do business then good riddence to em, we are better off without their crap.
It's all good my friend.

regretCX
1st Mar 2007, 09:57
Saturn you are in good company, ACMS is getting all teary as well.....you 2 are pathetic........

VR-HFX
1st Mar 2007, 11:07
RegretCX
If you are who I think you are, I hope it has all worked out as you wished.
The sad thing is that the company has managed to set us upon ourselves.
Whilst easy to pontificate from upon high, HK and CX is not for everyone.
The best training you can have before you come here is military. In simple terms, this is because it teaches you how to maintain your self-esteem while at the same time develop staying power and a tolerance for ignorance and even stupidity.
Whilst my time is running down and I have no intention of extending, my only comment to this thread is a simple one.
CX survives and grows because of its excellence. The minute it looses it's reputation for excellence the punters will jump ship. A critical part of this excellence is sharp-end and cabin. Even the manegement has worked this out.
Simple economics is even understood upstairs.
Whilst it never happened years ago, in this day and age, flight crew losses are inevitable in a company like CX and a place like HK.
The simple fact is that current B-scale and derivate COS's don't cut muster. Only supply-side will change this.
Let's cut all the childish ands snide remarks. It does nothing more than demean and defease the profession and our bargaining power.

ACMS
1st Mar 2007, 13:17
I agree...............:ok:

BusyB
1st Mar 2007, 14:47
"the best training you can have before you come here is military."

I don't agree basicly because its an incomplete statement.

What military and training for what? Personally I feel the best training (not necessarily the best experience) for civil aviation was the Hamble course.

Doesn't necessarily produce the best pilots though, as far as natural ability goes, I've seen superb operators from both military and civil backgrounds.

What a strange comment to make:confused:

cpdude
1st Mar 2007, 15:53
White! Come on....someone say it!:)