PDA

View Full Version : Whiplash

Grandad Flyer
27th Feb 2007, 21:09
Having suffered whiplash I still have pain in my neck, although not all the time,and it is manageable but I also have a lot of leg pain. Anyone any idea how to improve matters? (Injury was 4 months ago). Have seen osteo/ physio and GP and previously took painkillers and did recommended exercises.

Elixir
28th Feb 2007, 20:33
I suffered whiplash around 2 years ago now and had continued neck pain. The GP said it could be scar tissue and would eventually ease but I also took myself off to a chiropractor which really helped! She said that due to the whiplash injury I hadn't been giving my neck full movement and the discs had 'locked up' and needed manipulating.....it took around 6 visits in which there was a lot of neck cracking (apparantly the crack is the release of air from the joints/discs which frees them up) and I had exercises to do at home. It took a while but now 2 years later and about 6 months since my last chiropractor visit I don't seem to suffer any neck pain anymore.

I was told that whiplash is actually pretty traumatic to the neck area as it is a fairly week part of the body and it can take years to get better, but with the right treatment and exercises it does eventually disappear.