PDA

View Full Version : I want to build an aeroplane in my bedroom

B757-200
27th Feb 2007, 19:23
Does anyone know where airliner parts are sold e.g. an auction. I'm trying to find stuff such as an Overwing emergency exit, FMC, fuselage pieces, engine blades. Is there some place where equipment like this from a retired or disused airliner is sold to the general public?. I guess i've jsut always wanted to have a lovely part of a heavy aircraft to keep!. After scouring search engines i've just found nuthin!.

vulcanpilot
28th Feb 2007, 09:19
Try Hanningfield Metals:

w w w . hmsales.co.uk

They scrap quite a bit of commercial and military aviation hardware, though much less now than in the past.

excrewingbod
28th Feb 2007, 11:59
Plenty of smaller aircraft bits appear on Ebay (engine blades, instruments etc). For larger pieces of aircraft try Air Salvage, who are based in Alton - Part of their business is scrapping large commercial aircraft.

Kolibear
28th Feb 2007, 12:28
The value of a part of an old aeroplane is roughly half that of the accompanying piece of paper - which releases it for service:*

Evanelpus
30th Mar 2007, 13:03
Building your own, are we?

B757-200
30th Mar 2007, 13:46
Nope, just though that they would both look great in my room!

Evanelpus
30th Mar 2007, 13:51
Gasp, what can I say, I'm almost speechless.

BOAC
30th Mar 2007, 14:21
REMEMBER FOLKS: No direct links to web sites here. Any replies by PM please.

B757-200
4th Apr 2007, 08:12
Hi all,

does anyone know of companies supplying used engine parts to the general public from retired, crashed or disused airliners. Currently i am looking for an engine pylon, engine spinner cone and an engine fan blade, all from the "535E4" engine fitted to the 757's. As i am a serious fan of the 757 i thought these parts are a good thing to keep hold of. Any ideas?

big.al
5th Apr 2007, 10:20
It's like "Flight of the Pheonix" all over again - but this time, not set in the Gobi Desert...

BA 767-300
5th Apr 2007, 10:33
Hi, this may sound a bit stupid but i am being serious. I genuinely want some stuff from a modern airliner. The parts and equipment that i'm scouring for are...

A Passenger lifejacket, A passenger oxygen mask (unused please!), Engine fan blade, bolts, washers, screws and an emergency handbook used by the pilots, various small parts. Does anyone know where i could find all or some of these? I have tried Air Salvage international (ASI)but they kept on giving me ridiculous prices for everything!.

Granite Monolith
5th Apr 2007, 12:09
Does anyone know where airliner parts are sold e.g. an auction. I'm trying to find stuff such as an Overwing emergency exit, FMC, fuselage pieces, engine blades. Is there some place where equipment like this from a retired or disused airliner is sold to the general public?. I guess i've jsut always wanted to have a lovely part of a heavy aircraft to keep!. After scouring search engines i've just found nuthin!.

Does anyone know where i could find.... An Airbus A320 Overwing Emergency exit and/or a Boeing 737 FMC (3/4 or 500 series). I also need these to be cheap as-well because Air Salvage International (ASI) gave me an estimate for an overwing exit for £20,000!.

does anyone know of companies supplying used engine parts to the general public from retired, crashed or disused airliners. Currently i am looking for an engine pylon, engine spinner cone and an engine fan blade, all from the "535E4" engine fitted to the 757's. As i am a serious fan of the 757 i thought these parts are a good thing to keep hold of. Any ideas?

You don't want for much, do you? :} :}

Granite Monolith
5th Apr 2007, 12:19
You're not 757-200's big brother are you?:confused:

smudgethecat
5th Apr 2007, 12:58
Get a life mate!, failing that look on e bay theres normally all sorts of junk available ,i couldnt believe the other week some cabbage paid a ridiculous amount for a scrap 1st stage compressor blade from a rb211, it takes all sorts i suppose

mary_hinge
5th Apr 2007, 13:39
Unless you live in a Bungalow, suggest you might need a pretty good crane and some one to take the roof off the house if you want to put the pylon in your bedroom, have you ever tried to get a pylon up the stairs before:E

Once you have it in place in said upstairs room, you might consider marking out a " a no go zone" in the room below it:ok:

Why not go for the Overwing emergency exit and put the slide out of the bedroom window:oh:

Jamie-Southend
5th Apr 2007, 21:56
:ooh: 757 i noticed you are in Southend, a 707 has just been chopped up at SEN this week, any bits of that anygood? If so PM me.

BA 767-300
6th Apr 2007, 10:51
Thankyou, are there any lifejackets and pax oxygen masks? also i want some general screws, bolts 'n washers how should i go about obtaining these, would they be selling or giving away?? "note that B757-200 is my friend", trying to help him get these parts.

PPRuNe Pop
8th Apr 2007, 07:01
This has gone far enough. There are many avenues for the serious minded to find memorabilia.

This thread is closed.