PDA

View Full Version : EGNM Leeds Bradford Temporary Class A Airspace?

HR200
27th Feb 2007, 12:13
Hi, I have recieved an e-mail containing current NOTAM's for Leeds Bradford. Can anybody give me any idea why Leeds Bradford will be changing its CTR/CTA to class A for 1 hour.

B0391/07 (RAC) Leeds Bradford (http://www.ukga.com/aerodrome/view.cfm?icao=EGNM)
Thursday, 1 Mar 2007 10:20 to 11:20
http://www.ukga.com/images/dot_clear.gif
Aus 07-03-0092/438/AS1
temporary controlled airspace (class a) established as follows: leeds
bradford CTR/CTA. Controlling authority leeds bradford ATC.

Any suggestions would be great because I fly from there quite a lot.

fireflybob
27th Feb 2007, 12:36
Royal Flight ?

HR200
27th Feb 2007, 14:46
I don't understand what difference it would make. VFR flights can still fly through it with a SVFR clearance, but the controllers can deny anyone flying through it even as class d. So it wouldn't make much difference.

Regular Cappuccino
27th Feb 2007, 22:41
Standard procedure to afford Royal Flights the protection of Class A airspace. Yes you can still transit, but the SVFR clearance means that the controller has to separate you from the Royal flight (& any others using the airspace at the same time) rather than clearing you through VFR & providing you with traffic info in the hope that you'll 'see & avoid'.

FullyFlapped
28th Feb 2007, 11:36
It's a Thursday morning, and I believe that one of the royal princes has a habit of popping into Leeds every other Thursday morning (possibly a bit of shopping at the White Rose centre, for all those bits that they can't get down south - eg whippet food, flat caps etc etc).

If you're flying VFR out of Leeds, it will almost certainly make no difference : the last time it happened to me, I was actually lined up, and the tower asked if I could accept an amendment to my clearance to Special VFR, which of course I did. The aeroplane didn't seem to notice the difference ... ;)

FF :ok:

WorkingHard
28th Feb 2007, 19:32
Just hope it aint Prince Charles at the controls as he lands with a tailwind and writes off a lot of taxpayers money and closes the a/p for several hours!