PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel

Queen Bee
27th Feb 2007, 11:24
hello guys,

as you can see from my joining date I am fresh to this forum so hopefully I am not breaking any rules!

my situation is as followed:
I have immediate family living in Asia and Oz. As I work for Easyjet (and am very happy there - but unfortunately no cheap longhaul tickets) I was wondering if there is anyone out there who appreciates a great staff travel system with Easyjet (confirmed, unlimited and cheap tickets throughout the whole Easyjet network - so good for commuting) in exchange for a long haul airline that covers South East Asia and Oz.

any suggestion, feedback, offers are welcome!! You can also contact me under PM.

thanks for reading! :)

iain8867
27th Feb 2007, 11:47
Have you tried contacting Touchdown Travel? They are a travel agent who only offers deals to the travel industry?

Queen Bee
27th Feb 2007, 11:55
yeah I often look at their site but I have never managed to find good deals on Touchdown or Airperx, sometimes Lawson had some good offers but you have to face long black out periods which is no good as I travel quite regularly.

johnrizzo2000
27th Feb 2007, 11:59
Haha!

I get great long-haul flights, but no short haul flights! Ah well, we cant have it both ways! Touchdown is the best, but you cant be picky with dates, and have to spend time looking!

Vince Noir's IFR
28th Feb 2007, 21:06
I understand Queen Bee's situation, as I am too in the same postition and have contemplated posting a similar thread... unfortunately working for easyJet gets you zero discount on these long haul flights, infact if you travel to the States regularly as i do, it is always cheapest to buy your tickets direct through Virgin for instance, not through Touchdown, Airperx, or Travel TIS (this only works if you work for most other airlines). It has something to do with easyJet not being a member of IATA possibly, or some other international organisation. Whatever the reason, it would be useful for people such as us to 'share' our excellent Short Haul staff travel with someone who has access to putting others on their Long Haul staff travel.

I'm not sure either whether or not it is allowed to express this desire on this forum, but if not then I'm sure the moderators will act accordingly.

If this does sound appealing to anyone out there, then please dont hesitate to pm either of us.

VN