PDA

View Full Version : Qantas up grade using points

Killer Loop
27th Feb 2007, 00:40
G'day,

I was hoping to use points to up grade from economy to business on a Qantas flight from Sydney to LHR in July (I have the silver frequent flyer thing). I understand that you only find out whether you have the up grade 40 minutes prior to departure. Does anyone know the success rate of an up grade using points? Thanks in advance.

KL.

parabellum
27th Feb 2007, 03:14
Did this on QF out of SIN for MEL. Initially advised when the request was made that the flight was full so not possible, however, on checking in at SIN no problem and still a couple of spare seats. If the seats are there you will get them so long as you have listed yourself, best do it early, like to-day!

1DC
27th Feb 2007, 05:13
Daughter is silver and came to uk late last august returning to oz early october.She tried for upgrade both ways but flight was full although she was given a free upgrade between hong kong and london.She also tried to buy a business ticket using miles but was told not possible, she then tried to buy a first but same response. Apparantly unless flights are on offer you can't buy them with miles.If you are silver more senior cardholders will take precedent for upgrades....

Killer Loop
27th Feb 2007, 06:13
Thanks for the replies guys. So it seems to be absolutely pot luck. Sadly I can not book the flight now as I am not sure exactly the day I will be able to leave Australia, I guess I will just have to wing it. Thanks again.

KL