PDA

View Full Version : BBC reporting new UK Helicopter Type at Lyneham???

Grimweasel
26th Feb 2007, 19:24
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6398957.stm

C130 Helicopter hey??

The BBC are getting very shoddy of late and with this in mind, I may renege on my license fee this year!

Always a Sapper
26th Feb 2007, 20:57
:hmm: Grimweasel ..... Its that big yellow one .... hidden near ...... didnt you know? :E :E :E

Zoom
27th Feb 2007, 09:48
viz
....and its drycleaning bill, apparently. So Mrs Zoom tells me.

On that off-thread note, I was a bit peeved to see that the &*^%£" dress choice issue had extensive coverage all last week on the morning programme, relegating the build up to the 6 Nations to a miserable 3 second slot. What a waste. Back on message, I believe the dress was FLOWN to LA in an AEROPLANE, as was the BIRD wearing it.

:)

Dr Schlong
27th Feb 2007, 10:28
Think someone's had a kick up the jacksy as it's now been changed to C130 Transporter! :rolleyes:

Mike Oxmels
27th Feb 2007, 12:16
Thread drift!

I may renege on my license fee this year!

I sympathize but tread carefully! The Waffen-SS TV Licensing division is one of the most offensive organizations I have had the misfortune of dealing with. Their aggressive attitude, presumption of guilt, harrassment, threats and and borderline libel/defamation are outrageous and utterly contemptible.

Although I used to believe that the 'unique way the BBC is funded' was worthwhile I am increasingly irritated by the amount of advertising on the BBC (self publicity as opposed to commercial ads) and waste of revenue on channels that few people will ever watch. Poor research and bias adds to the problem. A license to use a TV is now a laughable concept.

Truckkie
27th Feb 2007, 15:00
Perhaps the BBC were reporting on the types likely to be occupying Lyneham post 2012!!

Grimweasel
27th Feb 2007, 19:53
Well, the propaganda posters re License fee say that you do not need one for a battery powered TV. Since my Laptop runs off Battery with an external PC card I'd like to see them try?!

Phil_R
27th Feb 2007, 22:15
> you do not need one for a battery powered TV

You most certainly do.

They will persue you under any circumstances where you might feasibly have been watching TV; having a TV which isn't tuned in is, I believe, a defence.

However, mostly they work by snooping round people's back gardens looking through their windows, so I suspect that if you live on an RAF station, you are probably among the least likely people to get clobbered.

P

RileyDove
27th Feb 2007, 22:19
Really? Within days of moving into my MQ by some strange quirk of fate a licence bloke knocked on my front door demanding to see what I was tuned in to!

TheWizard
27th Feb 2007, 22:40
However, mostly they work by snooping round people's back gardens looking through their windows, so I suspect that if you live on an RAF station, you are probably among the least likely people to get clobbered.

I also beg to differ. On a certain base across the Irish Sea, six blokes got done and fined in one night!! And that was in the Mess!! Gotta love the Feds for letting them in in the first place :*

PPRuNeUser0211
27th Feb 2007, 22:52
The raf plod actively assist them hunting through messes. Is a bit of a pain, although if your mess manager is onside someone will come legging it round to warn all concerned to lock their doors!

Grim, the key phrase in the propaganda is "If you only use a TV set powered by its own internal batteries, you do not need a separate TV Licence." wrt a second home. It only applies if you have a licence for one residence already I'm afraid as "You need a TV Licence to use any television receiving equipment such as a TV set, set-top boxes, video or DVD recorders, computers or mobile phones to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV."

Thus if you had a house and lived in a mess somewhere away from home, my personal interpretation is you would be within your rights to use the laptop/tv card combo. But no licence at all = feds win! On the other hand, it's pretty hard to prove someone has a tv tuner for a laptop unless you actually catch them in the act of using it (if it is the removable/usb variety)