PDA

View Full Version : friends injury

91neil
26th Feb 2007, 11:14
My friend has broken his leg and has two metal pins inserted; he really wanted to have a career in the RAF.

Is it still possible for him to have a career in the RAF?

Any advice

Cheers

Neil

DownloadDog
26th Feb 2007, 11:16
Is your friend called Neil by any chance? Suggest you ask OASC direct, sorry, suggest he ask OASC direct.

91neil
26th Feb 2007, 11:19
yes my friend thanks you
:ugh:

A2QFI
26th Feb 2007, 11:34
I think it may depend on whether one is serving or trying to join. A colleague of mine ejected about 10 years ago and broke one leg in about 7 places. He had more titanium in his leg than bone, for a while. He still has some and is still flying. The difference is that the RAF already had £££s tied up in his training and it made no sense to write it off. Your friend has nothing invested in him and they might not want to take a chance on him. Keep asking the questions, as suggested above.

SeeArSee
26th Feb 2007, 12:28
There was that example a while ago, of the soldier/marine who had lost part of his leg. He had a false one attached, and through physio and hard work, passed his fitness test and is cleared back to work. As the previous chap said though, the Forces already had something invested in him.

Lafyar Cokov
26th Feb 2007, 13:16
Surely he's finding it quite difficult to Neil?

Olly O'Leg
26th Feb 2007, 16:31
A friend at work had major surgery on his upper and lower jaws, involving both being moved a total of 15mm!!!! He now has 4 plates and 20 screws in his swede and he flies in the RAF!!! This was done before he joined and yes, they knew about it!!!
:eek:

NRU74
26th Feb 2007, 18:08
Lafyar
Did you ever come across a Sgt Nav called Sharjah Bill ? - so called because he began virtually every conversation with "When I was on Twin Pins in Sharjah....."
Perhaps he could help young Neil ?

Aynayda Pizaqvick
26th Feb 2007, 18:20
Wasn't there some pilot a while back who kept flying, even with NO legs!

Faithless
26th Feb 2007, 19:20
Most Officers who join the RAF have no Brain.