PDA

View Full Version : SASless. Can you remember?

jocky 2
25th Feb 2007, 14:11
SASless can you remember a Mr Robert (Bob) Carter?
A Chook driver from your time?

J :cool:

B Sousa
25th Feb 2007, 14:35
Try this if he was an Army type. www.vhpa.org

SASless
25th Feb 2007, 15:11
There are two Robert Carter's in the VHPA directory....one was within a year of my class and the other was about four years before.

Do you have any other information at all about him?

I also hit this web site....nothing jumps out.

http://www.chinookcrews.com/locator.html

Also....this is another good site to visit.

http://www.armyaircrews.com/chinook.html

B Sousa
25th Feb 2007, 19:15
"SASless. Can you remember? "
Its the title of the thread that really stands out......SAS, are you getting that old...ha ha See ya at the show.

SASless
25th Feb 2007, 19:26
Bert,
Except for all of the clean living I have done, at this point in my life I would be all leather faced, hobbled up, wearing Dependz, and sipping Geritol as some retired police officers I know of.

For sure my imagination makes up for any shortfall in memory and throw in a jar or two of my favorite adult malt beverage (OPB) as a catalyst and I can hold my own with any of the young snots about the place.

When you speak of a poor memory, I hearken back to an incident where my fair Whirls took exception for my ignoring her advances, a reaction which were based upon a strong phobia about Beehive hairdo's and extra long artificial nails.

The mere mental image of her plunking away on a Banjo mumbling something about a wedding of some woman called Mary was simply off putting when combined with the Gold Lame Go-Go boots and that green bee hive hair.

There are times a memory lapse would be welcome I assure you.

It can be truthfully said that consumption of exessive amounts of drink do serve a good purpose.

Now I know Whirls will deny this and do so with vigour probably with caustic comments about my memory ....but that is just the price one pays for having scorned a woman such I have done.

Whirlygig
25th Feb 2007, 23:17
at this point in my life I would be all leather faced, hobbled up, wearing Dependz, and sipping Geritol

What do you mean, "would be"? Shouldn't that be "am"? :}

Anyway Sassy, I think you misinterpreted my quaint Norfolk dialect; I did not make any "advance", I asked if you wanted me to give you some Cromer crabs next time you were up my way. :p

Cheers

Whirls

Flying Lawyer
26th Feb 2007, 07:57
Cromer crabs. :)

Well done Whirls. Superb response.

SASless
26th Feb 2007, 13:13
Every time I enter into a verbal jousting contest with Madam Whirls I wind up bleeding from multiple wounds. There are at least a thousand ways to argue with her......and none of them work.:{

B Sousa
26th Feb 2007, 14:27
"you wanted me to give you some Cromer crabs next time you were up my way"

I thought we didnt talk about things like that on the prune..........

jocky 2
26th Feb 2007, 14:34
Sasy,
Sorry to have caused you the greif with the other guys jumping in.

I asked about Bob Carter as he is a freind of mine, he was a Col when he got out. Done 2 tours, got shot, thought you might have know him. Great person, got a great nature to tell stories like yourself :cool:

J

SASless
26th Feb 2007, 16:06
No problem at all Jocky....Bert and my dear Whirls enjoy a good joke at my expense every now and then. As I grow older....I seem to have more raw potential to be the "Butt" of such barbs. Granted I will never catch up with ol' Nick in that regard but I am running a close second. Get him to explain why the S-92 cockpit is so much wider than the 76.

B Sousa
26th Feb 2007, 16:12
"Get him to explain why the S-92 cockpit is so much wider than the 76."

And you want Nick to buy Beer at HAI??

Jocky. Sasless is easy and if you will note he has just bounced on 6000 posts. We have a little fun back and forth, as so much of this sh1t here is depressing.

Whirlygig
26th Feb 2007, 16:27
Sasless is easy

You'd heard that too eh? :}

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
26th Feb 2007, 17:00
"Easy"....tis not true! I will admit I do have a weakness for attractive ladies that drop hats.

John Galt
27th Feb 2007, 06:40
I knew a Bob Carter who was an ex U.S. military helo pilot, he did a few tours on Tuna boats while I worked out of Guam late 80's early Nineties. Nice bloke, would have been a bit over sixty when I met him.