PDA

View Full Version : Changes at WAC

smarthawke
24th Feb 2007, 20:34
There were comments in the past concerning the take-over (sorry, merger) of Wycombe Air Centre by Cabair that nothing would change and none of the staff were leaving.

Sadly, I hear today that following Mike (Deputy Chief Engineer) leaving at Christmas, the Chief Engineer, Nigel has handed in his notice. It isn't just engineering that has suffered, Sian felt it was no longer the place for her a few weeks ago.

Hopefully the remaining staff (well most of them) will continue the good work and happy face of WAC. It's a shame when people feel they can no longer continue but no-one ever likes the boss, do they....?

No doubt the real truth (as opposed to the management publicised version) will come out in time but meanwhile, goodluck to Sian at WLAC Engineering and to Nigel as he travels the world flogging fizzy drinks.....

Apollo_
25th Feb 2007, 21:58
With regard to the Managing Director, one can only hope that cabair are starting to realise what they have bought.

As I have already said in a previous post on the subject, and quite rudely snubbed by Nose-x, the company is only as good as its staff. The fact that several long term employees have chosen to leave speaks volumes...

Katherine Alexandra
26th Feb 2007, 01:11
I fly with BAFC and, while I have relatively little to do with the WAC lot, they've always seemed a very nice bunch (except for the one who insisted on flying through the NAZ ;) ). I can only wonder what's to come in the future at Wycombe...

scottiedogg
4th Mar 2007, 20:57
it certainly is a real shame that WAC has lost such a superb bunch of people, but the there are still so many great people left and its still a great club with a superb atmosphere. All hopes for the best in the future, and that no one else leaves.

S

VOR_DME
11th Mar 2007, 22:01
Cabair havn't exactly got brilliant press in the past and it's the belief of many that they bought out/merged with WAC to improve their image. Who knows, either way, doesn't seem their doing such a good job of management. :confused:

We'll see what happens!