PDA

View Full Version : Chinese anti satellite technology

foormort
24th Feb 2007, 15:50
see link below for the BBC report on the recent chinese destruction of a redundant satellite. Scary stuff considering our ever increasing reliance on information gathered from this area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/19/wchina19.xml

High_lander
24th Feb 2007, 19:31
The F-15 has been trialled, I believe, to launch missiles to destroy satellites.

Green Flash
24th Feb 2007, 19:44
Wasn't that the ASAT? F-15 at mid altitude, cued by radar to a zoom climb, when almost stalled amongst the stars at FL nosebleed a telegraph pole monster was launched and an IR tracker did the rest.

High_lander
24th Feb 2007, 21:21
Uh huh.

Thats the bugger.

Its all right when the USA has it, but not when other countries have it.

wokkameister
24th Feb 2007, 21:27
Had an interesting chat with a spotter outside the terminal at Southend a few years back.
After complaining that the tail number was hard to identify, he asked me for my thoughts on the theory that the Chinese Embassy in Kosovo was bombed because the Chinese were trialling a radar that could pick up the stealth bomber.

If I hadn't of really needed a smoke at the time, I would have been tempted to put the poor bloke out of my misery. He had obviously confused me with someone who cared. I smiled, winked knowingly and got as far away from him as possible.

wokkameister
24th Feb 2007, 21:33
:uhoh: Are you following me?