PDA

View Full Version : Bristow co-pilots Nigeria

biggdav
23rd Feb 2007, 23:41
Hello, could anyone tell me what rotation, salary etc is for new expat chopper co-pilots working for Bristows/CHC in Nigeria? Is Workin out of there tax free? I take it most replys are going to be dont even think about there!!!
Im soon to have an SA CPL with IR and just lookin thats all. Any info would be good

Dave

gulliBell
23rd Feb 2007, 23:54
New expat CPL helicopter pilots don't normally get hired into an International touring position. 500 helicopter command hours is usually an absolute minimum requirement for a co-pilot position. But it is Nigeria, and you do have an IR, so you just might be in with a chance if they can swing it past the oil companies.

Pay is tax free, in Pounds Sterling. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

SASless
24th Feb 2007, 00:34
I thought maybe I had heard they were now on US Dollars vice UK Pounds....but then my helicopter hearing is not what it used to be.

MamaPut
24th Feb 2007, 05:22
SAS,

You're right, Bristow pay in US$. Even to be a copilot you need more than the minimum hours and they seem to have quite a lot of copilots now, so don't know how good your chances would be.

FredFri
24th Feb 2007, 05:36
A friend of mine recently applied to Redhill for a co-pilot position.
He was told they're only looking for JAA ATPL these days.

biggdav
24th Feb 2007, 07:02
Thanks for info. My instructor in SA has contact with a pilot out there and just wandered what the crak was. Il give it a go once im finnished and let you know how it goes!

Cheers
Dave

BRASSEMUP
24th Feb 2007, 07:20
So what's the tax free pay like then? Worth getting out of bed for?

Staticdroop
24th Feb 2007, 10:17
No, and you have to really go some to remain tax free if you live in the uk.