PDA

View Full Version : RAeS Buccaneer lecture

Navaleye
22nd Feb 2007, 23:45
I would like to express my thanks to Air Commodore Graham Pitchfork for his excellent 2hr lecture on the Bucc at the Royal Aeronautical Society lecture this evening. Graham gave an outstanding 2 hr presentation without notes which was warmly welcomed and appreciated by all. An excellent evening out by any measure. I know much more about this amazing aircraft than can be read from any book. BZ Graham.
I greatly look forward to the Vulcan lecture which includes Dr Pleming's report on the Vulcan to the Sky project on May 17th and hope to see some PPRuNE friends on the day. Perhaps we can get together?

Monty77
23rd Feb 2007, 06:04
Are these lectures ever video-ed?
'The Failing Aviator' by an American psychologist/pilot/Vietnam vet used to do the Bentley Prior Flight Safety course rounds and although a grainy and poor copy, was a riveting watch. I would have loved to have attended this one, but as always, a day too late and 4000 miles out of position.:{

Zoom
23rd Feb 2007, 09:37
Graham Pitchfork was an avid Buccaneer fan when I first met him 27 years ago and obviously still is. Good for him.

brickhistory
23rd Feb 2007, 13:24
His Buccaneer book is just outstanding! I imagine his presentation was quite something. Any idea if they are taped?

18greens
23rd Feb 2007, 20:13
It was a great lecture, the two hours flew by. Mind you the RAES ones are genrally good and well attended. (It would be nice if the questions at the end were all actually questions for the speaker rather than eulogies.)b

Roll on the Vulcan lecture. We must organise to meet up and do a prune beer after the next one.

Navaleye
23rd Feb 2007, 23:58
18G,
I second the above. It was fab. BEagle and Pontious I do hope you can make May 17 and I'm sorry for those that missed a truly outstanding evening. I've just ordered his book.

BEagle
24th Feb 2007, 06:42
Unfortunately I expect to be away in Germany that week.